Mobile Engineer (iOS)(m/f)
Babbel (Lesson Nine GmbH)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports Those Who Take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007 the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the website as well as Babbel on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 300 team members from 28 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
With millions of regular users, more than 30 million app downloads our iOS and Android apps are consistently high-ranked and high-rated by customers in Both App Stores.
Changing the way the language learning is done is a great challenge, so we are looking for an iOS Engineer (m / f, full-time) to join our Berlin's Kreuzberg neighborhood office.
You are a creative, innovative problem-solver with the vision to change the future of learning on mobile devices. You are an experienced iOS developer who loves to create elegant apps while working with colleagues in a challenging environment ambitious.
Your mission will be to build ground-breaking iPhone and iPad Apps That Bring the Babbel learning experience to the next level and to millions of people anytime anywhere.
- Work in a cross-functional, agile (SCRUM) team closely together with designers and product owners to deliver the next generation of learning apps for iPhone and iPad
- Deliver high quality apps from designing and iterating new features into production in a short sprint cycle
- Take ownership of features, workwith the team and stakeholders to implement functions on this great and stunning user experience
- Work closely together with other engineering disciplines (backend, frontend, DevOps) to Ensure seamless user experience and efficient overall architecture
- Identify and implement innovative solutions and have strong focus on long-term stability and maintainability of our codebase
- 2 years + experience in developing iOS, ideally with a successful application in the AppStore
- Solid knowledge in Objective-C
- Experience with Swift
- Deep Understanding of iOS platform and its unique features Concerning Technology and User Experience
- Software engineering practices: unit testing, software design patterns
- App development talent proven by great work results / experience, hobby projects or open source contribution
- BONUS: Exposure to API design
- BONUS: Experience working in cross-functional Scrum teams
- BONUS: Android Knowledge
- Passion for building great products and user interfaces
- Open minded, outgoing, self-confident and positive personality
- Can do attitude, great team player
- Fluent in English
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Cutting-edge tools & technologies
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 25 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene