Chief Sales Officer (m/f)
moovel Group GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: März 2018
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
Hi, we are the global leadership team of the moovel Group, and we are working on what matters in making cities smarter. Our start-up is currently in a very promising and at the same time challenging stage - we are ready to develop our pilot-driven corporation into a growth-driven company. This is why we need another strong and digital-minded partner on our Executive Board, who shares our vision and is ready for a big and exciting step.
But first, who are we & what is our goal?
We are a mixed global leadership team from the US and EU, which is responsible for various areas from finance to engineering. Our goal is to radically simplify individual mobility and to build products and services which enable true flexibility. moovel is part of a large global corporation (Daimler AG), but at the heart of it we are a start-up.
We act as a partner for cities, transport networks and customers with the goal of making cities smarter and creating an operating system for urban mobility that provides access to appropriate mobility options in urban areas and paves the way for the future with autonomous vehicles. Currently, 250 employees work in small creative teams in Germany and the US at four locations - Hamburg, Berlin, Stuttgart and Portland.
What the new role will involve: Co-Creation
From this year onwards, we will be concentrating strongly on internationalisation and working with our US colleagues on a joint sales funnel, which will of course include many strategic decisions to be taken. Which markets first? How does the “go to market” looks like? And so on.
That is why we are looking for YOU (based in Berlin or Stuttgart) - someone who is experienced in how to establish a new professional sales department and who understands how to introduce innovative products into a non-innovative market with a B2B focus.
This includes not only “put yourself in the shoes of our customers” but also:
- Becoming a trusted partner for cities and megacities with the ability to build lasting relationships, nationally and internationally
- Sharing our vision and passion for innovative products as well as a strong hands-on mentality with a modern leadership style is the optimum we would expect of our CSO. We believe that this is what it will take to convince both colleagues and customers
- Being keen to work on disruptive tasks and being able to make uncomfortable decisions when required. Why? Because we need a CSO who also challenges the product side; who values clarity and sees himself as the client's representative in our leadership team
- Strong understanding of distributing digital products from the B2C and B2B perspective is as important for us as market knowledge in the digital industry
Some of the topics that need to be mastered
Since we are setting up a new-organized sales entity, we will not break down concrete tasks for this position and only share our ideas, because we want to create the framework with you!
- Our aim is to establish a strong product core. In order to achieve this, the product must be challenged and it requires a close exchange with our customers and a good understanding of our customer’s needs
- Define and realize the sales strategy and push it, internally and externally.
- Establish and lead an international, motivated and successful sales team with creative sales methods
In summary, the job is not made for everyone BUT we know you are out there! And if you read this text and you are excited, then we need to talk asap. It could become one of the most challenging journeys of your professional life - but we can assure you that it will be totally rewarding and you will always have a strong, passionate team at your side!
If you feel that you want to take the challenge, please fill out your application via the application form.
We are more than ready to meet you!
- Choose your own hardware
- Working with newest technologie & microservices+
- Company pension plan
- Free breakfast, coffee & water
- Mobility allowance
- Be part of an interdisciplinary team of experts
- Working on products with a high impact on society
- International teams
- Child care allowance
- Flexible working hours
If you have any questions or are in need for further information feel free to contact Nicole Armatowski.