(Senior) Product Owner & Project Manager (m/f)
IT Projektmanagement Operations
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
This leader of our software engineering activities will drive our vision and alignment around architectures, product quality, and operational best practices in fast-paced research and development projects. In the role of a Senior Project Owner, you'll lead central and strategically relevant software engineering projects and therefore create impactful and innovative digital products and prototypes with our teams and customers. Later, you'll become responsible for coaching and training our Project Owners in doing the same.
A Project Owner at Motius is an experienced engineer with a T-shaped skillset who is responsible for the planning and successful execution of our projects. The role therefore, combines responsibilities and tasks from a Project Manager, Product Owner, and Tech Consultant - depending on the project's requirements.
Motius is a German R&D company. Our vision is to realize the disruptive potential of new technologies and talents during every tech cycle. This is made possible by our unique structure. Motius is based on an interdisciplinary pool of young elite Tech Talents, academic researchers and experienced engineers from leading universities. Combined with an experienced core team, Motius and its partners develop the products of the future in areas like mobility, smart city/living, Big Data, FinTech, Digital Transformation, etc. with technologies/fields including A.I., AR, VR, 3D-Priniting, IoT Tech and Blockchain, among others. Those areas and technologies might be the current focus, but through its structure, community and tools, Motius keeps pace with technologies yet to come.
Motius is currently based in Munich, Dubai and Stuttgart.
The successful candidate will be able to
- Enable rapid, high quality development by owning and driving your projects, improving QA processes, introducing automation tools, and managing time and budget constraints
- Build and maintain tools and processes to enable Project Managers and Engineering teams to create beautiful and technically excellent products and prototypes
- Drive technical operational excellence at Motius
- Hire and develop Project Managers and Software Engineers
- Push relevant emerging technologies, tools, and frameworks into our SDLC
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field
- 5+ years of overall technical experience, including deep technical knowledge of large-scale web / app services
- 1+ years of experience leading engineering and technical teams
- 1+ years of experience in managing products, budgets and justifying resource needs to leaders and partners
- Demonstrated team building skills – be able to bring people together, hire, develop and motivate staff members, create appropriately challenging projects for team members, and instill a high sense of pride in the team’s accomplishments
- A record of driving outstanding operations for large scale technology services
- Must be able to effectively hold other departments accountable while maintaining good working relations with them
- A proven track record of innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus
- Experience in infrastructure Engineering (DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, Continuous Delivery & Integration)
- Experience in Startup / Young Tech Company environments
- German language skills - as most of our customers are traditional German companies
What we offer
- A strategically crucial role in the organization
- A place for your passion in managing outstanding and talented engineers in a fast-paced environment
- A self-funded >5 year old company rooted in emerging technologies and applied research
- A clear career path to become Head of Product Development of our organization
- A diverse and international team from 5 continents with backgrounds in Mechnical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Product Design, etc.
- A company vision clearly focused on talents and tech