Operations Director (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2015
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
ABOUT MOEMA ESPRESSO REPUBLIC
Moema Espresso Republic is an expanding premium fair trade coffee company with a fast-growing E-commerce vertical. With offices in Berlin and São Paulo, Moema is the German market leader in direct fair trade coffees.
In addition to coffee, Moema is a large Online Retailer of premium coffee equipment and accessories which are sold through a variety of E-commerce channels. Beside end-consumers, Moema delivers to food services (coffee shops, restaurants etc.), businesses and supermarkets as well.
Moema’s awarded "Direct Fair Trade" model grants that small local coffee cooperatives also do the roasting and the packaging of coffee beans. Thus, maximum part of the value is generated in the country of origin, which creates local jobs and sustainable structures. Hence, Moema coffees meet the demands of a modern European LOHAS while at the same time improving the living conditions of the coffee farmers.
- You manage, develop and optimize all processes for E-commerce operations. E.g. Order fulfillment, invoicing, credits and return handling
- You manage operational tasks related to all E-commerce sales channels. e.g. online shop, online marketplaces and price comparison sites
- You are responsible for maintaining the operational part of Magento backend to ensure process efficiency, identifying development needs and coordinating with our IT team
- You monitor operational performance and initiate corrective actions where needed to ensure customer satisfaction
- You optimize the inventory planning system and purchase budgeting to meet growth-related new requirements
- You have the responsibility for logistics including local warehousing and management of 3rd-party logistics providers
- You are responsible for regular purchase orders
- You manage a small operational team for warehouse and shipping
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience in E-commerce operations, and online shop management e.g. order handling, invoicing, credits and return handling for E-commerce sales
- University degree or similar in the area of business, E-commerce, logistics or supply chain
- Relevant experience in logistics with some experience of handling multi-country supply chain
- Experience in managing online shop software's such as Magento with basic knowledge of E-commerce marketplaces. Prior experience with Magento Connect is a plus
- Strong affinity for everything related to E-commerce and IT
- Data driven decision maker with a getting-things-done attitude
- Ability to negotiate in German and English, skills in additional languages are a plus
- Enthusiasm to work in international teams and interest in social entrepreneurship or coffee
- Competitive remuneration package with possibility of gaining company share options
- Performance evaluation based on your results and overall contribution
- Steep learning curve coupled with regular extensive feedback for personal development
- Work environment that enables to help shape essential parts of the company
- Company culture that is international, dynamic, performance oriented and fast paced
- Chance to work in Berlin - the startup capital of Europe
- Attractive employee discounts in our online shop
Ready to get started? We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter (English or German) stating expected salary and earliest start date.