Performance Engineer (m/f)
Beginn: Mai 2013
We are looking for the best and brightest to join the team in Redwood City, CA, USA and Cologne, Germany.
Imagine building solutions that deliver sub-second response times on billions of data records while continuously importing new data from high-bandwidth data streams. Grasp the opportunity quickly, sketch out a plan to deliver and show the world that it works.
Join the team as a Big Data Analytics Performance Engineer, working in our customer lab to determine the best way for ParStream to be configured and deployed for a specific customer application. As a Big Data Analytics Performance Engineer you will find ways to help our customers unlock the potential of their dynamic big data – be the next big data hero!
- Analyze customer analytical requirements and build prototypical solutions with ParStream products
- Architect customer solutions from a performance point of view
- Interact effectively with our potential customers and ParStream engineering to evaluate ParStream’s fit
- Answer use-case related or technical questions about our product and respond to RFIs/RFPs
- Support customer trials and evaluations remotely and onsite
- Work as part of a sales team to win major accounts
- 5+ years relevant experience as a solution architect, pre-sales engineer, consultant or system integration engineer
- Proficient in handling Linux systems: Basic configuration, performance troubleshooting, networking and scripting
- Experience in deploying high performance database solutions
- Experience with big data analytics products as well as ETL and analytic front-end tools
- Programming skills in C++ preferred to use ParStream‘s API and to implement and test UserDefineFunctions
- Very strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to communicate technical scenarios at both a high-level and detail level, as is required by the audience
- Passion for technological challenges and a structured approach to evaluate solution alternatives
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and self-motivated
- A dedicated and highly experienced team fully committed to win!
- Visible impact of your contributions in a global startup
- Exciting and challenging position in a big data post-revenue startup
- Attractive and competitive compensation package
- International career opportunities in a lean organization
- An attractive place to work in Cologne
Please email your application including your salary expectations and your earliest start date today to email@example.com.