Ph.D. Student IT-Entrepreneurship (m/f)
Hasso Plattner Institute
Business Development Projektmanagement Sonstige
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
At the HPI School of Entrepreneurship we are currently seeking to fill a position for a highly motivated Ph.D. Student (m/f)
Hasso Plattner Institute
The Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) for IT Systems Engineering is a unique research and teaching institution in Germany. It was founded in 1998 as an affiliated institute at the University of Potsdam. The HPI conducts internationally recognized research and offers high-quality Bachelor and Master programs in the field of IT Systems Engineering.
HPI School of Entrepreneurship
Since 2015 the HPI School of Entrepreneurship (E-School) is an integral part of the HPI designed to foster entrepreneurship at the HPI and to create a link between science and business practice. All activities and information relating to the subject of entrepreneurship are coordinated there. Education and research in this field are the cornerstone for further hands-on offerings for HPI students and alumni, such as the business plan competition and topic-specific workshops. Founding teams also have the opportunity to use the Coworking-Space and receive individual entrepreneurship coaching. The HPI Seed Fund founded in autumn 2015 completes the unique offering by providing first financial support for selected HPI related start-ups.
- Preparation of a doctoral thesis at the interface between IT and entrepreneurship
- Assumption of single teaching duties
- Assistance with organization of E-School events, workshops and lectures
- Conceptual work in the context of the HPI E-School
- Assistance in developing co-operations
- Identification and motivation of suitable HPI students in the founding environment
- Coaching of HPI founders and founding teams
Your competencies and qualifications
- Master’s / diploma degree in economics, computer science or other domain-related discipline with above average grades
- Excitement for entrepreneurship research
- Professional experience in working with start-ups or own start-up experience (at least 1 year)
- Entrepreneurial thinking and understanding of young technology-based ventures
- Fluent English in reading and writing, strong communication and presentation skills
- High degree of commitment and team-work spirit
What we offer
- A generous scholarship, that is initially limited to two years – this term can be extended to five years
- An additional part-time employment at the HPI Seed Fund GmbH may be possible
- Work in a dynamic environment at the interface between entrepreneurship and IT
- A young, vibrant and highly motivated team
The vacancy is to be filled as of now.
If we have awoken your interest we are looking forward to receiving your application!
Please submit your application documents only in PDF until July 31st via email to: email@example.com