Photo Studio Production Manager (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: April 2015
So who are we?
We’re Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States and we’re ready to make Berlin our new European Headquarters! Are you a startup enthusiast and ready to join one of Berlin’s hottest new international companies? Then keep on reading!
As a Photo Studio Production Manager you will be responsible for building out and running a product photography operation for the Joss & Main and Wayfair brands. The Photo Studio Production Manager will be responsible for building a team to handle the receiving, inventory, scheduling and disposition of hundreds of items that need to be photographed each month. This role lives in our Operations department but has strong ties to Creative, Buying and Merchandising.
The right candidate will have strong experience in people and process management in an Operations capacity. This is a hands-on in-the-studio role that will require constant interaction with the studio team and business stakeholders. As the Photo Studio Production Manager, you will ensure standard operating procedures are followed, identify inefficiencies in workflow and drive a culture of continuous process improvement. This role requires you set the tone for our studio, creating a highly collaborative environment where employees are set-up to deliver high quality output. This is a new role in a yet to be developed facility – as much as we are looking for a person with the right passion for and depth of experience in operations – we are equally searching for an entrepreneurial driver who is excited to take risks in defining a new business model. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic organization that is leading the world’s best brands for home furnishings.
- Manage the location search and site build out of our first European photo studio
- Hire, develop, train and mentor the Studio Operations team
- Manage day to day operations and direction of the photo studio
- Plan and oversee the flow of product and virtual assets through all stages of the studio workflow
- Drive continuous improvement via technology and process change
- Maintain the equipment and infrastructure needed to operate the studio
- Coordinate with Creative, Buying, Merchandising and Software Engineers
- Forecast volume to ensure capacity meets demand
- Manage budget based on forecast and target metrics
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- Several years of Operations Management in logistics, distribution, warehousing or photo studio management
- Experience operating in and/or building a culture of continuous improvement
- Experience leading and developing teams at multiple levels with multiple skill sets
- Experience working in a Start-up environment a plus
- Experience in implementing warehouse and/or samples management systems a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with, ability to effectively interface at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Willing and able to travel
And finally, our proposition to you!
Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: engineering.wayfair.com
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.