Senior Software Engineer (m/f) - Backend & Python
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Polyteia makes cities smarter by enabling city leaders with data-informed governance. We are developing an intelligence platform for mayors, treasurers and department heads helping them to track, analyze and plan their city operations.
Our team is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Back End, Python) (m/f) on-site in our Berlin office who can build a solid base for one of the first European GovTech companies.
You will be a core part of the engineering team and be in charge of the data storage and analytics backbone for our main product. Plan, create, verify, release and repeat. Together with your fellow engineers and user researchers in short iteration cycles.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of professional experience in back end centric software development
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Profound experience in data modelling, database design and database operation including but not limited to PostgreSQL and SQLAlchemy
- Experience in shipping high quality REST APIs with long term support
- Proficiency in command line tools needed for developing and deploying a Python application (eg. git, pip, other package managers, virtualenv, docker, kubectl et al.)
- Passion about solving complex policy challenges of cities, towns and counties in Germany and various European countries
- Fast learner, team player, self-directed working style
What we offer
- Shape the emerging GovTech market in Europe from the beginning
- Build a public value driven product with impact to millions of citizens
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Large and cosy office in the heart of Berlin, near U-Bahnhof Stadtmitte (U6/U2)
- Platform to present your work on the regular GovTech Meetup hosted by Polyteia
- University Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Skilled in Statistics or Modelling of complex systems
- Experience with enterprise data integration
- Prior domain knowledge of public administrations
- Experience in JS-based MV*-Framework
- German reading and writing skills (for customer communication and German datasets)
- Linux user on your daily driver or the servers you operate
How to apply
Along with your CV, tell us in a short cover letter about the most interesting project you’ve worked on. We are also interested in your very individual motivation. Submit everything on our job page and we’ll get back to you.