Product Designer (m/f)
Daimler FleetBoard GmbH
Beginn: August 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Do you have the drive to design something from scratch? Do you want to be the driving force to generate new ideas, innovations, concepts and move projects forward to shape the future of a connected commercial vehicle ecosystem? Do you like to work in small interdisciplinary teams and appreciate the fact of being able to form your own creative work environment? Our offer: shape IoT, Big Data and Connectivity solutions to influence the innovations of the future for Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles and more!
For our newly established interdisciplinary Innovation Hub team in Berlin we are searching for passionate Product Designers (m/f) with entrepreneurial spirit and creativity. As a Designer you should have the passion to identify user needs and create digital products, services and business models that delight customers and have impact on their business.
You always wanted to experience the atmosphere and advantages of working in small interdisciplinary teams while having global impact with your work? Then we’re looking for you:
Your tasks in detail
- Identify and create business opportunities within the field of commercial vehicle connectivity and logistics
- Create unique digital product, services and business models applying design thinking to generate business impact for current and future customers
- Conduct human centered research and lead interdisciplinary project teams through fieldwork, synthesis and insight development leading to innovative products and business opportunities
- Generate new ideas and concepts in the fields of connectivity and IoT while having potential revenue streams and business case considerations in focus
- Drive the creation of mvps and prototypes
- Evaluate and prioritize ideas and concepts and coordinate with the interface partners in Stuttgart
- Engage with our wildest tech-ideas and prepare strategy presentations and pitches
What we expect
- First of all: passion of shaping the future of the automotive and logistics connectivity ecosystem
- Bachelor/Master degree in industrial design, interaction design, visual design, human centered design or comparable field of study with emphasis on UX or equivalent qualifications.
Masters in business being a plus.
- Relevant experience of at least two (2) years in designing user experiences and building (digital) products – experience in design agencies, startups or data-driven tech companies is a plus
- Analytical mind seeking for customer centric solutions - professionally, efficiently and across teams
- Profound experience in digital internet business
- Passion for innovative “Internet of Things” technologies within commercial vehicles
- Knowledge and experience in programming using agile/SCRUM development methods a clear plus
- Excellent knowledge of common prototyping tools and design software (e.g. Adobe suite, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills, empathy and intrinsic motivation to deliver delighting work
- Excellent communication & organizational skills paired with project lead expertise
- Excellent command of English (German beneficial)
- Open-minded team player
What we offer
- Innovative environment working for the pioneer in automotive connectivity solutions since 2000
- Thrilling projects in international interdisciplinary teams with global market impact
- Attractive compensation package
- Modern workplace and a convenient, creative working atmosphere
- Flat hierarchy and an open corporate culture
- Plenty of room for your own ideas and self-determined work
- Liaison with the Daimler group and global impact seeing your ideas come to life
- A multifaceted and challenging work environment in an innovative context
The job is full time and limited to a term of two (2) years with the option of a permanent employment contract
Please submit your application via email to email@example.com and attach your CV, cover letter (incl. desired salary) and references. For your cover letter please also describe a project/situation when you applied human centered design to solve a business problem as crisp as possible.