Product Designer (m/f)
Pepper Media Holding GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Januar 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
If you’re passionate about shipping elegant and thoughtful designs while balancing business objectives and designing for real users (our product is used by millions of people), we’d love to hear from you. As a Product Designer at Pepper you’ll be part of a small but growing design team with the opportunity to evolve and grow our international community driven platform. You’ll be challenged on a daily basis with design problems large and small, contributing in a significant way to the future of the Pepper platform. But you won’t have to do it alone of course. You’ll work as a equal partner on a level playing field with our team of product managers, engineers, and other designers putting your design thinking and skills to work to bring it all to life.
Pepper.com is an international partner network which is attentively different to other deal platforms - you won’t find lax offers, only the hottest deals by and for price-conscious users. Around the clock the community seeks and finds the best offers in fashion, electronics, traveling and much more. With 500 million page impressions, over 25 mln users and over 65,000 user submitted deals per month across communities in America, Europe and Asia, Pepper has quickly risen to be the largest community deal platform worldwide!
Our partner network consists of:
hukd.com - UK
mydealz.de - Germany
dealabs.com - France
pepper.pl - Poland
nl.pepper.com - Netherlands
preisjaeger.at - Austria
promodescuentos.com - Mexico
desidime.com - India
pepper.co.kr - Korea
buenosdeals.com - USA
What you'll be doing
- Working within our design team in Berlin, you will be iterating on existing features and developing new ones for our international platform and partner network of sites.
- Providing fresh insight, new concepts and improvements to the user experience of a 25 million user global deal community.
- Testing a variety of different design approaches in the field with real users.
- Collaborating with a truly global team playing a key role in creating and refining internal processes and improving communication between teams.
The qualities we are looking for are
- A strong portfolio with relevant digital product design examples
- 3+ years designing digital products.
- You think in terms of responsive, scalable systems, not one-off solutions.
- Skilled at using modern design and protoyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Framer, Invision etc
- Familiarity with front-end engineering. You should be able to understand how your designs will be built and factor that into your solutions.
- You’re comfortable with constructive feedback as part of the design process and are confident in clearly explaining your design decisions.
- You take pride in your collaboration skills and you look forward to partnering with our team of product managers, engineers, and other designers to create beautiful and functional solutions in an agile environment.
- You are able to be the responsible designer for certain projects and carry them through to completion, but you’re happy to help out others in design team with their tasks as well.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills.
Nice to have
- You’ve participated in user experience research, usability studies, and focus groups.
- You’ve got experience designing native applications for iOS and/or Android and you know your way around their respective design languages.
Some perks of working for Pepper.com are
- Be a part of an awesome international team of passionate and skilled people.
- A great office on Torstraße (close to U-Rosenthaler Platz) in the heart of the Berlin startup scene.
- Any tech/gadgets/apps you need to get your job done.
- Flexible working hours. We’re looking for someone already based in Berlin or who is happy to relocate. No remote workers.
Are you the person we are looking for? We're looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter, a clearly arranged CV, your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectation.