Product Manager (m/f)
Beginn: November 2012
Product Manager eReading & eBook Business (m/f)
For permanent employment, full time, with immediate effect
'txtr is an innovative company in the fast-growing digital reading market. We develop, operate and market a comprehensive solution for selling eBooks and eReading content. In our field of business, we are the leading company in Europe and one of the leading companies worldwide. If you want to shape the future of how the world reads books, 'txtr is the right place for you!
'txtr is looking for smart, creative, hard-working employees who love opportunity and challenges and who thrive in a young company atmosphere.
'txtr is looking for a Product Manager (m/f) to support the development of a new project.
What you will be doing:
Working closely with the Director of the new project, your responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of product management
- Developing an excellent understanding of the target area, both from a business and from a technical point of view
- Conceptualizing and specifying the initial product offering and future improvements based on guidance from the project Director
- Designing product features in detail together with UX, Development, and Management, and specify them in comprehensive documentation
- Managing UX and development resources on a project basis to deliver the initial product and future improvements
What you need for this position:
- Strong identification with the product you are responsible for
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- A results-driven personality with positive, can-do attitude and highly developed communication, organization and leadership skills
- Ambition and commitment to assume responsibility to get the job done and achieve results
- Proactive in scoping, planning and structuring but also pragmatic and flexible in execution
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated experience in software product management and specification
- Advanced understanding of software product management methodology and tools
- Previous experience with eBooks and online publishing is an advantage
- Good understanding of the following: Software development processes, content provisioning processes, delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, media and publishing projects, IT operations, contract interpretation and negotiation, eBook technologies, the education software/technology or digital education materials market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential and good knowledge of German is an advantage
- University or technical school degree or equivalent in computer science or engineering (Universitäts- oder Fachhochschulabschluss in Informatik oder Ingenieurswissenschaften / Bachelor of Sciences)We offer challenging jobs for all who love books and opportunities, and who thrive in an international company.
If this sounds like the role for you, we invite you to send us your application.
Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.