Product Manager / Product Owner International (m/f)
idealo Internet GmbH
Beginn: Juli 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Product Manager/Product Owner International (m/w)
With over 40 million sessions every month and a portfolio of apps for Web, Mobile, iOS and Android, idealo internet is one of the top 5 e-commerce sites in Germany and one of the leading e-commerce portals in Germany and Europe.
idealo is looking for an exceptional Product Manager to join the Product Development Team and help drive the evolution of our international products in the rapidly changing e-commerce markets throughout Europe and India.
The role of a Product Manager at idealo is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, design, marketing and executive teams to own and lead projects from initial conception through launching to millions of customers. Our ideal candidate is an original thinker with a highly creative mind, business acumen, a strong vision, and an instinctive sense of how consumers interact with e-commerce services.
If you want to become a part of this success story the following challenges are waiting for you
- Identify requirements – You work directly with the key business stakeholders to identify and analyse opportunities to improve our products to deliver significant business value. You define initial requirements and clearly state the potential impact on operational areas of the business, as well as the business value. You write clear user stories at both low level function point & over-arching theme level, complete with acceptance criteria.
- Test ideas – You test ideas prior to delivering them and work with UX and user research colleagues to develop ideas from prototype to production including user research and usability tests.
- Responsible for backlog – You work with the Product Leadership team to define the strategic direction of the product, focussed on business value. You are responsible for the the short-term delivery roadmap and detailed product backlog in line with the strategic goals and objectives of the company.
- Deliver product increments – You work effectively in an agile environment to deliver product increments. Together with our BI and Web Analysts you measure and monitor product performance, and understand how to create clear, directly measurable KPIs.
- Communicate – You communicate with key stakeholders at the correct level before, during and after the product development process to manage expectations and ensure that requirements are clearly understood and meet business needs.
- Team player – You foster strong working relationships with your team, the International Business Owners, and with people in the wider product development team, learning from them and taking a collaborative approach.
To be capable of mastering these tasks, we expect you to have the following skills
- 5+ years of Product Management experience at an e-commerce company, or other relevant experience, ideally in an international capacity
- Ability to lead and inspire cross-functional teams
- Strong business acumen and proven track record of developing and managing successful products
- Must be effective at decision making, navigating ambiguity and brokering tradeoffs
- Self directed and able to progress independently with little guidance
- Solid understanding of Internet technologies and the operations of a commercial Web site including analytical skills in researching product success/failure metrics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a consumer-facing online retail/services product management role.
- Agile product management experience.
- Highly analytical, ideally with experience in analytics tools such as GA Premium or Webtrekk.
- Focus on data-driven decisions to drive business.
- Regularly identifies new strategic options, framing them with a business case & key hypotheses to be validated.
- Strong understanding of business operation, and landscape we operate in. Undertakes regular competitive analysis of similar products.
- You possess a solid command of the English language, preferably also German, other European languages clearly a plus.
What idealo can offer you
- A pleasant learning environment: Openness and an efficient decision-making process are a given at idealo. A welcoming team, an idealo-buddy for the first months and a thorough training process are afforded to all new recruits.
- Lifelong learning: At idealo you have the opportunity to continuously learn new things and develop yourself: Our training courses, covering everything from Excel to Splunk, are tailored to your needs and interests.
- Flexitime: For a healthy work-life balance
- A complimentary breakfast: Organic, locally sourced breakfast, together with fresh fruit and vegetables ensure a healthy start to the day
- A family-friendly organisation: Support is offered for juggling work and family through an emergency childcare service.
- An office in central Berlin: Work in an historic factory loft in the trendy Kreuzberg district of the city.
Has this position piqued your interest? Do you wish to become an idealo? Then we would look forward to hearing from you.
Please send your full application (covering letter, CV, references) along with your salary expectation and earliest possible starting date.