Project Manager International (m/w)
idealo internet GmbH
Beginn: August 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
With over 40 million sessions every month and a portfolio of apps for Web, Mobile, iOS and Android, idealo internet is one of the top 5 e-commerce sites in Germany and one of the leading e-commerce portals in Germany and Europe.
We are looking to hire an exceptional Product Manager to join the Product Development Team and help drive the evolution of our international products in the rapidly changing e-commerce markets throughout Europe and India.
The role of a Product Manager at idealo is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, design, marketing and executive teams to own and lead projects from initial conception through launching to millions of customers. Our ideal candidate is an original thinker with a highly creative mind, business acumen, a strong vision, and an instinctive sense of how consumers interact with e-commerce services.
- Identify requirements – You work directly with key business stakeholders to identify and analyse opportunities to improve our products to deliver significant business value. You define initial requirements and clearly state the potential impact on operational areas of the business, as well as the business value. You write clear user stories at both low level function point & over-arching theme level, complete with acceptance criteria.
- Project management – As project manager international you will need to work with diverse teams across a number of different departments, from offer import to the user-facing frontend. You create clear and simple project plans in order to deliver within time and budget.
- Communicate – You communicate with key stakeholders at the correct level before, during and after the product development process to manage expectations and ensure that requirements are clearly understood and meet business needs.
- Team player – You foster strong working relationships with your team, the International Business Owners, and with people in the wider product development team, learning from them and taking a collaborative approach.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience at an e-commerce company, or other relevant experience, ideally in an international capacity
- Ability to lead and inspire cross-functional teams
- Strong business acumen and proven track record of developing and managing successful products
- Must be effective at decision making, navigating ambiguity and brokering tradeoffs
- Self directed and able to progress independently with little guidance
- Solid understanding of Internet technologies and the operations of a commercial Web site including analytical skills in researching product success/failure metrics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of business operation, and landscape we operate in. Undertakes regular competitive analysis of similar products.
- You possess a solid command of the English language, preferably also German, other European languages clearly a plus.
- A pleasant learning environment: Openness and an efficient decision-making process are a given at idealo. A welcoming team, an idealo-buddy for the first months and a thorough training process are afforded to all new recruits.
- Lifelong learning: At idealo you have the opportunity to continuously learn new things and develop yourself: Our training courses, covering everything from Excel to Splunk, are tailored to your needs and interests.
- Flexitime: For a healthy work-life balance
- A complimentary breakfast: Organic, locally sourced breakfast, together with fresh fruits and vegetables ensure a healthy start to the day
- A family-friendly organisation: Support is offered for juggling work and family through an emergency childcare service.
- An office in central Berlin: Work in an historic factory loft in the trendy Kreuzberg district of the city.
Sound Interesting? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you. Please send us your full application (CV, credentials, references) along with your salary expectation.
Please understand that we only accept applications via email. Other forms of application cannot be considered or returned.