Release & Rollout Manager (freelance) (m/f)
IT Projektmanagement Produktmanagement
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: September 2015
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
We are looking for a freelance release and rollout Manager (full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7,000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing almost while Shaping the Future of Learning.
Babbel is at the center of a language learning revolution. We defined the market for online language learning, and today our product is available worldwide across multiple platforms. Our customer base is broad, diverse and passionate about language learning.
We're about to embark on to exciting new journey to change the way people learn languages!
You are an experienced, technically savvy release and rollout manager who has been battle-tested in several cross-platform (web, iOS, Android) software product launches That You mastered at ease and made customers happy during rollout.
In your role, you will drive the release and rollout of a major new product iteration Both within the Product Engineering Department as well as with all internal stakeholders and external dependencies. You will interact heavily with the product owner team, Head of Software Engineering, technical experts, internal stakeholders etc.
This role will report directly to the Director of Product.
- Own the overall product release schedule of major and minor releases
- Establish, track, and drive release Milestones
- Monitor and manage risks and changes to Release Plan
- Drive Issue Resolution
- Drive and resolve cross-team blocking problem Milestones
- Coordinate release process with product, engineer and QA Managers to Ensure consistent workflow, transparency and alignment
- Plan and coordinate all activities for Organizational Units Involved outside of Product Engineering departments (eg marketing, legal, customer support, etc.)
- Establish and improve tooling for release and rollout management
- Coordinate External Dependencies
- Run release rollout
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the B2C Software Industry
- 3 years of experience in management roles within release Agile Software Development Environment
- Proven track record of leading several successful consumer facing product launches
- Proven experience in managing full-stack releases across multiple platforms
- Able to manage changing priorities and demands in close collaboration with management
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Excellent English skills
- Strong team player
- Deep experience in iOS, Android and web platforms and Their specifics for product launches
- BONUS: Technical Knowledge of Basic Application Architecture, Cloud Infrastructure and Microservice architectures
- BONUS: Experience with legacy migration
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene