Research Engineer (m/w)
Empora Group GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2013
About EMPORA GROUP GmbH
EMPORA GROUP GmbH is a young business that helps fashion shoppers with a range of exciting services to find their right outfit. In addition to our search engine site (fashionfreax.net). Empora offers continuously updated product recommendations through its own user-generated street-style and celebrity sites. The technology that underpins Empora’s proposition is deeply rooted in computer vision and machine learning, in particular the automated extraction of visual characteristics such as shape and colour that can be used for image search.
About the role
We are now looking to recruit full-time engineers with strong development skills, a keen interest in mathematics and some previous experience with techniques from machine learning and image processing. Together we will be working on a range of applied problems in the areas of computer vision and machine learning with the objective to keep the company at the forefront of innovation. The main project areas you’d be involved in are
- Interactive segmentation of street-style images for similarity search
- Material/Texture classification and automated image annotation
- Key point detection and product matching for mobile devices
- Automated segmentation of product images with conditional random fields and other probabilistic models
All of these will encompass a mixture of mathematical modeling, algorithm design, prototyping and production-grade development.
We’d like you to have at least some of the below:
- A first degree in a quantitative subject such as mathematics, computer science or engineering
- Some research experience (for example through a BSc or MSc thesis) in the areas of image processing, computer vision and machine learning
- Solid programming skills, preferably in Java and/or C, C++, C#
- Some hands-on experience with relevant open source libraries such as OpenCV and Weka
Applications should include a cover letter, a curriculum vitae and documentation of some previous research work in relevant areas.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!