Customer Service Manager (m/f/d)
Rover Europe GmbH
Operations Sonstige Customer Care
Bitte beziehe Dich bei Deiner Bewerbung auf Gründerszene.
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Februar 2019
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
Who we are
We founded Rover.com with the mission to connect dog owners and pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. Why? We strongly believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog.
Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love by connecting owners with trusted pet care whenever they need it. Millions of services have been booked on Rover, including pet sitting, dog walking, in-home dog boarding, and doggy day care. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) – we love dogs!
Now, we are on a mission to bring Rover.com and the benefits we spread amongst pet lovers to Europe! Therefore, we are looking for a talented and driven Customer Service Manager in Berlin to work closely with their Barcelona counterparts as Rover continues expansion into Europe.
Who we're looking for
Our Customer Service Manager is responsible for ensuring pet parents and pet sitters/walkers receive astonishingly great service by coaching and scaling a fast-growing, multi-leveled support team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading supervisors, team leads, and Customer Service Representatives in Berlin with some overlap with our Barcelona team. The focus of this role will be developing our team’s ability to work with our users on anything from sign-up to incident management, while establishing and maintaining SLAs, and exceeding team goals. You will be the main point-of-contact for escalated safety and licensing concerns across all European markets.
In this role, you will be challenged with scaling specialized customer contact processes in a hyper-growth environment without sacrificing service level (and to the contrary - trying to best our previous high bar). You'll need to be constantly questioning the status quo and looking for opportunities to improve the customer service team - you will need to be highly analytical and strategic as you think about the cross-company impacts of these contacts.
You should have a passion for leading a team of world class Customer Experience Representatives while developing a data-driven solution oriented team. You will motivate, coach and develop your team to exceed performance goals, empowering them to be advocates for our customers. You will also help enhance Rover's customer-focused culture in this role.
This position will be based out of Rover's Berlin office. Scheduled days and hours to be determined as Rover's Customer Experience team operates 24/7.
*We cater to the needs of the business by listening to when our customers need us most. With that in mind, this position may require having some weekend availability.
- Lead and be responsible for a team of mix of Supervisors, Leads, and Representatives that interact with users in various stages of Rover usage.
- Develop goals and performance metrics for the team, as well as ensure that are exceeded on a consistent basis. Examples can include quality and productivity metrics, agreed upon service levels, and customer satisfaction scores.
- Help develop a staffing framework to maximize efficiency of multi-lingual agents supporting multiple markets in varying stages of growth.
- Hire, coach, and develop customer-obsessed, multi-lingual, cross-locational, frontline team members and supervisors; you must be ready to be passionate about people management and a servant-leader to your team.
- Develop processes and workflows to be scalable and efficient, drive a culture of continuous improvement to serve our users.
- Use data to derive actionable insights that improve overall customer experience, including proactively exploring and sizing hypotheses and new opportunities.
- Help operationally scale Rover Europe customer support function across several focus areas. Execute in a way that ensures under/over staffing is managed in a way that maximizes efficiency and quality across multiple markets.
- Be a subject matter expert on Rover’s product and services, policies, processes, and workflows.
- Work cross-functionally to create a seamless customer experience with Rover. That includes partnering with Operations teams in Seattle, Washington.
- Respond to escalated customer issues and inquiries with grace, while developing the next generation of leaders to be able to do this as well.
- German-speaking to support our growing German market.
- 2+ years experience managing or leading teams
- Investigate complex claims with due diligence
- Empower and provide guidance to agents to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff to meet deadlines, complete important time sensitive tasks & adapt quickly to last minute changes
- Ability to instill critical thinking to your team
- Provide de-escalation and support during sensitive situations
- Experience with presenting data via spreadsheets, charts, and graphs strongly preferred
- You have a self-confident and positive demeanor mixed with excellent communication and strong problem-solving skills – basically you are ready to make a meaningful contribution to our team and our community from day one
- Prior experience with support channels including phone and email; experience with Zendesk and Talkdesk preferred.
- Familiarity with two-sided marketplaces and/or shared economy business models
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Permanent contract
- Weekly happy hours, bi weekly free lunch and free Monday breakfast
- Team events- Fresh fruit and coffee
- Paid holidays for you and your dog!!
- An enthusiastic and passionate young team that is building something great
Bitte beziehe Dich bei Deiner Bewerbung auf Gründerszene.