Business Development Manager (m/f) - Europe
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Mai 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We founded Rover.com with the mission to connect dog owners and pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. Why? We strongly belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog.
On Rover.com, pet parents can easily search for, book, and manage personalized care for their beloved ones - such as pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care in case of busy times or vacation. Therefore we are improving and simplifying the life for both, pet parents as well as our furry friends. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) – we love dogs!
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Seattle, we have seen so far a tremendous growth in the United States and Canada. Backed up by our last Series F funding round of 65m US$, we are an agile and ambitious, fast-growing start-up with a team of 370+ people. and our leadership comes from some of the most respected tech companies.
Now, we are on our mission to bring Rover.com and the benefits we spread amongst pet lovers to Europe! Therefore, we are looking for a talented and driven Business Development Manager Europe (m/f)! Work as one of the first European team members with our experienced Expansion team in Berlin, grow the supplier and demand side of our platform and generate new business opportunities throughout Europe, starting off with the UK!
- You own the sitter side (supply) on our platform - you know how to find them, how to acquire them and how many sitters we need per market
- You think in KPIs - as they help you to track your results and take rational, data driven actions
- You drive valuable traffic on the supply & demand side to our platform by effectively identifying, establishing and maintaining strong online and offline partnerships
- You define and scope the needs of our partners and use their feedback in order to implement / develop appropriate solutions
- You demonstrate great organizational, planning and business development skills with excellent follow through - you have the overview and you exactly know what needs to happen, where, how and when
- You own the management of SEM & Paid Social channels to acquire new sitters to the platform
- You will work within Rover’s local marketing organization and you will directly report to the European GM
- You maintain a strong connection and communication with your colleagues in the US to share best practices and lessons learned - benchmark at its best!
- At least Bachelor’s degree in business related field
- A minimum of 3+ years relevant experience and proven track record in Business Development
- Ideally experience / background in driving traffic for an online platform, building brand equity and/or acquiring strong online / offline partnerships
- You know how to lead strategic negotiations where you convince without persuasion
- Excellent analytical skills - KPIs and data are your baseline for any decision and action
- Deep technical understanding of online traffic - you exactly know how to improve your conversion rates. And if you don’t know it yet - you will find a way to find it out!
- (Prior experience in managing SEM and Paid Social campaigns is highly beneficial)
- You don’t shy away from making your hands dirty and roll your sleeves up to deliver projects and tasks successfully
- You are a great team player and collaborator with strong problem solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written English and German skills, with the ability to present data and conclusions in an organized, concise manner at all levels throughout the company
What you can expect / what we offer
You will join an amazing and ambitious global team and be one of the first employees on the ground to tackle the European market. You will work from our Berlin-Mitte office, report to the European GM and help shape Rover’s success story in Europe right from the get-go. Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more. Competitive compensation, stock options as well as doggy benefits included. And if you are owning a dog yourself? Bring your furry friend to our office - we are dog friendly!
Sounds interesting and like a perfect match? - Then we can’t wait to get to know you!