Digital Marketing Manager (m/f) - Germany
Marketing PR & Media Sonstige
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We founded Rover.com with the mission to connect dog owners and pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. Why? We strongly believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog.
Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love by connecting owners with trusted pet care whenever they need it. Millions of services have been booked on Rover, including pet sitting, dog walking, in-home dog boarding, and doggy day care.
Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) – we love dogs!Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Seattle, we have seen tremendous growth in the United States and Canada so far. Backed up by our latest funding round of 155m US$, we are an agile and ambitious, fast-growing company with a team of 370+ people, and our leadership comes from some of the most respected tech companies.
Now, we are on our mission to bring Rover.com and the benefits we spread amongst pet lovers to Europe! Therefore, we are looking for a talented and driven Digital Marketing Manager - Germany (m/f)! Work as one of the first European team members with our experienced expansion team in Berlin, develop and grow the Rover brand in Germany and drive demand to our platform.
- You are responsible for the marketing activities of Rover.com. You have an in-depth understanding of local insights and make the brand feel as local as possible
- You shape and drive the local touch and feel of the brand in close collaboration with the Rover community
- Your focus is on our digital marketing activities including SEO, SEM, Facebook, Blog.
- You are responsible for shaping the PR activities as well as influencer activities in Germany
- Your profound analytical understanding helps you to dive into the data of our online marketing activities and come back to the team with clear recommendations and action steps - you do not only follow your gut and creativity, but let the KPIs speak
- You will analyse and document learnings, and thereby contribute to the learning framework to develop the blueprint for the launch in other markets of the EU
- You will work with a rockstar team of brand marketeers and paid growth managers based in Seattle and continuously exchange about best practices, lessons learned and opportunities to grow the brand in Germany
- You will work within Rover’s local marketing organization and you will directly report to the Head of Marketing Europe
- Ideally: You are a dog person - you either grew up with a dog or you own a dog as the love for our furry friends is what drives our brand across all channels
- You have 4+ years relevant marketing experience and proven track record with continuously increasing responsibility working for one of the top brands of Europe
- You have an in-depth understanding of the German market from media to cultural differences as you have lived in Germany for 2+ years. Experience in the pet-food industry (or similar) is a clear plus
- You are interested in digital marketing such as Facebook or Google Ads. You understand the reports and effortlessly draw conclusions and actions from them
- You think in KPIs - as they help you to track your results and take rational, data-driven actions
- Your team in the US will be very diverse, therefore you have solid experience working with cross-functional, intercultural teams of different backgrounds and skills
- You have a strong learning mindset and curiosity - you are driven, proactive and you do not only think out of the box - you think and act three steps ahead
- You have excellent project management skills and an ability to organize yourself while adapting to different time zones - being micromanaged is a no-go for you
- You are experienced in managing agencies and a network of freelancers - particular focus is on the PR agency
- You already gained initial experience of living and / or working in another country
- You are down-to-earth, easy-going and a great team player / collaborator with strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on mentality
- You are native speaker or have outstanding (!) verbal and written English skills. German is not requested but any other languages besides English are a plus
You will join an amazing and ambitious global team and be one of the first employees on the ground to tackle the European market. You will work from our Berlin-Mitte office, report to the European Head of Marketing and help shape Rover’s success story in Europe right from the get-go. Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more. Competitive compensation, relocation support, stock options as well as doggy benefits included.
And if you own a dog yourself you can bring your furry friend to our dog-friendly office!
Sounds interesting, and like a perfect match? - Then we can’t wait to get to know you!