Chief Technology Officer / Chief Architect (m/f/d)
Walldorf, St. Leon-Rot bei Heidelberg
IT Operations Development
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Dezember 2018
Berufserfahrung: Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Purpose & Objectives
The SAP Leonardo Machine Learning team brings intelligence into every SAP business application and platform. It specializes in solving business problems with latest machine learning and deep learning, as well as building scalable cloud architectures to integrate and deliver ML services and solutions at cloud scale. We are a fast-moving innovation unit working closely with customers, SAP development teams and partners to realize the Intelligent Enterprise.
As a Chief Technology Officer / Chief Architect for SAP Leonardo Machine Learning, you will define technology strategy and architecture across Leonardo platforms and consuming applications. Continuously injecting external state of the art and best practices, you will engage with platform and application teams to drive consistent implementation, lead the ML architecture community of practice and become a trusted advisor to senior leadership.
Expectations & Tasks
Your tasks include:
- Lead and drive consistent implementation of ML tech strategy and architecture across teams
- Engage and collaborate with architect teams across the different SAP organizations on strategic architecture initiatives to define and align the architecture models for SAP Intelligent Enterprise Suite, SAP Cloud Platform and SAP Business/Cloud Applications
- Become advisor for senior leadership and products and architecture teams, as lead of evaluations of architectures and effort estimations for business cases
- Provide advice on technical and architectural feasibility, implications, readiness, and compliance and
- Identify best of breed architectures for high performance, robust, low TCO cloud operations
- Translate requirements, business strategy, product strategy, and tech/architecture trends into ML technology strategy and architecture, collaboratively leading by expertise
- Collect ML requirements across teams and platforms and drive consistent implementation of ML tech strategy and architecture across teams
- Establish technical and quality standards and lead community of practice of ML architects in adopting product/application teams
- Up-to-date on SAP business, product and technology strategy, scouting of latest technology trends in ML and foster transfer into SAP
- Support customer interaction and events as CTO for ML
Education, Qualifications/Skills And Competencies Required
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Engineering
- Profound first-hand understanding of ML/deep learning technology on all levels of the stack for both SAP Leonardo and overall state-of-the-art
- Successful track record in cloud software architecture
- High energy level, ability to work independently with a high degree of self-motivation
- Excellent project management skills (leading multi-cultural & distributed project teams by technical authority and integrative consensus building)
- Senior leadership-level written and oral communication skills in English and German
- Deep first-hand understanding of state-of-the-art cloud platform architectures and PaaS based application architectures
- Broad understanding of current SAP stacks across S/4, C/4 (SAP Customer Experience, CRM, Gigya, Callidus), Ariba, Concur, Fieldglass, SFSF
- French language skills a plus
At least X years of professional work experience with …
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in software development
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as technology and architecture leader
in Machine Learning, Data Science or related spaces
What You Get From Us
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP's Diversity Commitment
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.