Data Scientist / Price Hacker (m/f)
Beginn: April 2016
“The Hotel Booking Industry’s Most Hated Startup”
Hotel booking platforms hate DreamCheaper for a reason: We make hotel reservations cheaper, after they've been booked.
Customers send us their existing booking confirmations and we continuously scan the market to automatically rebook for them while the booking is still refundable. In the end they'll sleep in the very same hotel room they initially booked – but pay up to 60% less!
Since last year we've been receiving a ton of international and noteworthy press and we’ve built a customer base from more than 150 countries worldwide. Currently we are working with high pressure on our big relaunch this fall.
We offer you the unique opportunity to develop your talents in a professional startup environment. Let your creative and professional skills influence and shape our business which has the potential to turn the hotel booking industry upside down and become a well known brand worldwide.
Not only we believe in DreamCheaper! Our team and vision have attracted significant funding from some of Europe's largest Venture Capitalists, such as Holtzbrinck Ventures (Zalando, Delivery Hero, HomeToGo), Global Founders Capital (Rocket Internet, Trivago, TravelBird) as well as Business Angels with strong travel experience (AirBnb, DreamLines, GetYourGuide, Kayak, Swoodoo...).
What you'll do
- Take responsibility for our “best rate” promise
- Continuously identify sources and methods for cheaper hotel rates
- Collaborate with Product Management, IT and BI to implement, test and fine-tune these sources/methods for our optimization algorithm
- Collaborate with UX to optimize the overall savings rate
- Negotiate with suppliers, handle supplier accounts
- Track, analyze, report and optimize KPIs
We are looking for self-starters who are innovative and curious, taking responsibility for the applications and systems they design and build from day one. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are open to learning new things every day.
- You're an excellent problem solver and highly analytical
- You’re an Excel or Google Sheets crack
- Strong “I can do better” attitude
- Own experience in bargain hunting/price optimization (incl. knowledge about special deal tools like: deal / voucher / cashback / loyalty systems / auctions / …)
- Experience with affiliate networks is a plus
- Experience in travel / OTA segment is a plus but not required (e.g. OTA, GDS, concierge services, …)
- Language skills: English at professional proficiency, German is a plus
What you can expect
- A pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team
- Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company
- The possibility to take on more responsibility by creating and managing your own team in the future
- Learn from the best, also outside of our team – through our investors we have access to resources and knowledge from Rocket Internet
- An attractive salary
- Free drinks, regular team events…
And last but not least:
- Access to the world’s best hotel rates PLUS access to very attractive travel industry rates also for flights and cruises
Disrupt the entire hotel booking industry with us and send us your convincing application (resume, references and certificates) explaining what makes you special and what you’re proud of including your availability and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org