Scala Data Engineer (m/f)
Beginn: Juli 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Who we are
FlixBus is a European long distance mobility provider and a brand of the FlixMobility group. Since 2013, FlixBuses have a new, convenient and green way. Thanks to a smart business model and an innovative technology, the former startup has established Europe's largest intercity bus network in less than four years. (M / f) to join our DataScience team based in Berlin, Germany.
You will be responsible for building a data platform. The platform is used in several services (messaging, streaming, persistence, machine learning etc.) that can be used by our product development teams in a self-service way. As a member of one of our product development teams, you will be building data-intensive applications on top of our data platform.
- 3+ years of experience as Data Engineer or Software Engineer
- Solid expertise in at least one programming language (preferably Scala, Java or Python)
- Working experience with structured engineering methods like test first (TDD, BDD)
- Experience with big data technologies (Flume, Kafka , Spark, Hadoop, Redshift and NoSQL Databases)
- Practical experience with Amazon Web Services
- Nice to have: Previous experience in the design and implementation of complex data pipelines (AWS Data pipeline)
- Familiarity with machine learning, real-time data processing, data warehousing and Data visualization techniques Experience the Docker
- Be part of an incredibly fast growing company with a strong brand and highly motivated and international team
- Work on your self-defined challenges during our HackRday once a month!
- Cutting edge technologies, Agile development practices, and product focused environment dealing with demanding engineering and scaling challenges
- Training and Conference opportunities
- Office location in the heart of Berlin or Munich
- Flexible working hours
- Language course support
- Relocation support
- Competitive salary