Product Owner (m/f)
Scalable Capital GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: April 2018
Founded in 2014, with offices in Munich and London, Scalable Capital is a young financial technology startup with excellent funding by BlackRock and prominent VCs. Our aim is to shake up and revolutionise the traditional investment management industry and make first-class investing accessible to everyone. Our management team combines deep capital markets experience, e-commerce know-how, and decades of academic research into financial markets. Our service is unique and we apply an intelligent and technology-driven approach to invest our clients' money and monitor their risk exposure.
As a Product Owner at Scalable Capital you are at the sharp end of product design, development and management of the client facing platforms for our robo-advisor. Your responsibility is to define and design new features for the web and mobile platforms (iOS and Android). Furthermore you will work on constantly improving our digital onboarding flow.
As a part of Scalable Capital, you
- get to work on cutting edge technology and be part of modern software development practices (e.g. agile and self-sufficient teams, continuous integration and deployment, test automation, standard frameworks, cloud-based infrastructure and tooling).
- get the empowerment to do, improve, fix, propose and change anything you see that has a potential for being better - product- and process-wise.
- have an individual conference and education budget.
- can take part in bi-weekly in-house tech talks.
- can take part in quarterly hackathons.
- have the equipment you need to be successful
As a Product Owner, you have
- experience in managing agile software projects (experience in the financial sector is advantageous but not necessary)
- strong analytical thinking, leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data to drive decisions
- excellent communication skills that are clear, concise, and targeted towards your audience - software engineer, stakeholder or executive
- a great understanding of and focus on customer problems and needs
- prior experience working with UX and a clear understanding of user-centered design
- high level quality awareness
- a hands-on mentality: from idea to UX-prototype to development and design, you can handle it
- high technical understanding of problems and their solutions
- a great focus on solving problems and constantly improving our product
- constant curiosity about the technology landscape for mobile and web solutions
- university degree in relevant field of study (e.g. business, engineering, computer science) or a similar qualification
- excellent English communication skills (German is advantageous but not necessary)
As a Product Owner, you will
- work alongside a highly motivated team of software engineers and academics implementing change in the financial industry
- shape and define the future of our product
- collect and analyse requirements of customers and stakeholders
- own and prioritize the product backlog for our engineering teams
- use experimentation (eg., A/B testing, User Tests) to design effective new features and products
- create, define and present new functionalities and change requests for our online and mobile platforms
- ensure high quality of implementation by testing new software
- analyse and process customer data (i.e. Google Analytics)
Please include your CV, a short letter of motivation and your desired starting date to us via E-Mail.