Senior Android Engineer (m/f)
Beginn: Februar 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Who we are
FlixBus is a European long distance mobility provider with headquarters in Munich, Berlin, Milan, Paris and Zagreb. Since 2013, FlixBuses have offered a new, convenient and green way to travel which suits every budget. Thanks to a smart business model and an innovative technology, the former startup has established Europe's largest intercity bus network in less than four years.
To support our team we are currently looking for a Senior Android Engineer (m/f) based in Berlin, starting as soon as possible.
The FlixBus Mobile Android team supports both our popular consumer apps and two internal apps. We're a small team, and everyone plays a critical part in defining and building the perfect experience for our FlixBus customers.
Come work on a mobile app that has revolutionized the transportation industry in Europe. You have probably already seen our green buses on the streets, right?
- You develop and support our native Android applications for internal and external use
- Work as part of a multifunctional mobile team: you are equally comfortable with UX feature development as you are with business logic development
- You are passionate about scalability, reliability, internationalization, and performance
- You are responsible for the continuous improvement of our in an agile development environment
- 2+ years of experience in Android development
- At least one application published in Google Play Store (include links to the apps you have built in your CV)
- Mastery of Core Java: core, collections, concurrency, networking
- Strong knowledge of Android Framework and Ecosystem: core Android API, UI, animations third-party libraries, build tools
- Deep understanding of modern OOP practices and design patterns
- Experience working in an agile environment
- TDD/BDD experience
- Strong English language skills
- Willing to work full-time in our Berlin office; unfortunately, remote work is not an option for us
- Passionate about mobile technologies: you are in touch with modern mobile development trends and approaches
- Experience working with other mobile platforms (iOS, Windows Phone, HTML5) or other programming languages
- Be part of an incredibly fast growing company with a strong brand and highly motivated and international team
- Work on your self-defined challenges during our HackRday once a month!
- Cutting edge technologies, Agile development practices, and product focused environment dealing with demanding engineering and scaling challenges
- Training and Conference opportunities
- Office location in the heart of Berlin
- Flexible working hours
- 12 100% free bus rides per year, 5 50% vouchers for family/friends per year
- Language course support
- Relocation support
- Competitive salary
Please answer the following question(s) in your cover letter
Interested in applying? Great! Share with us why you want to work at FlixBus, and don't forget to mention any side projects, apps you have built, open source contributions, and personal websites/blogs.