Senior Application Developer (m/f)
Beginn: April 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
For our venture capital funded start-up CONJOULE we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Application Developer (f/m) for our rapidly growing team in Berlin.
CONJOULE will build the transactional IT infrastructure for the future decentralised energy world. It will achieve this by directly connecting people, businesses and assets in a peer-to-peer marketplace, redefining the roles of the market participants and redefining the transactional and trust models within energy. The technology focus is blockchain and its integration into energy products.What is on offer: a big challenging problem to solve, a role that requires your total commitment to the product and team as we define the route together, a diverse role where you will be sparring with regulators and energy incumbents one day and building a new customer proposition to fundamentally transform energy markets the next – as well as personal recognition, with the opportunity to change the energy world. It is a role for entrepreneurial pioneers who are willing to take a risk and join us on this journey.
What the role of Senior Application Developer involves
- Work closely with the design team to ensure all design elements have been incorporated
- Provide regular updates through excellent written and verbal communication.
- Assure that the final implementation is in line with agreed design
- Develop applications based on agreed project standards and guidelines.
- Help to select the right architecture and technologies to deliver requirements.
- Support other developers with technical advice and coaching.
- Ensure developed code is unit-tested, ideally applying Test-driven development principles.
- Review code of peers to suggest improvements.
- Program in pairs or small groups where it makes sense to do so.
What you will bring to the role
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- Knowledge of blockchain technology and good understanding of cryptographic principles preferred.
- 5+ years of experience building distributed systems using open-source technologies.
- Technical knowledge:
Familiarity with web architecture and the full web stack.Web developer skills such as HTML5, CSS a plus.
Node.js and/or Solidity experience is a plus.
Unit testing - test-first preferred.
Some front-end web framework experience using React, AngularJS or similar preferred.
- Ability to document and present complex designs to all stakeholders and adapt communication style based on the audience.Used to working in an Agile fashion with fast turnaround times.
- Good written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Self-organising and results-oriented
- English fluent
- Able to travel occasionally - some travel to Berlin expected