Senior Back-end Developer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Mai 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Are you a passionate developer who wants to have an impact on people's lives, loves fresh challenges and enjoys life on the edge? Do you want to be challenged by your work, and learn from equally skilled and passionate colleagues? Get in touch!
Here’s what Futurice boils down to: freedom and responsibility.
Those are the two most important things on offer here, as far as your quality of life goes. You’ll be given the freedom to do things your way and to make your life here as rewarding as possible. You will have responsibility for your own work and the power to influence how the company operates.
Be heard. We value everyone’s input into how the company is run.
Experiment. Try new things. Drive what you are passionate about.
Fail interestingly - succeed spectacularly.
These are the sort of things we’ll hope you do at futurice.
We’re constantly growing and changing as a company, so we want you to grow as a person and professional, too. Whenever you need support, we’ll do all we can to help you move in the direction you want. At Futurice you’ll work side by side with world-class experts from many disciplines. We don’t build silos for tech, design and advisory, we build solutions as one team.
We have offices in four different countries, with employees from over 30 different countries. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to see different things - from projects to lifestyles. Our Munich office offers an international environment and an easy-going startup mentality, but at the same time interesting career-opportunities and the ability to travel internationally.
We work hard to have a positive impact on the world. With our projects you get to work interesting current problems and build services used by millions of customers for work and leisure. And with our open source and social responsibility programs you can personally give back to the community.
Come and join us!
What awaits you
- Concepting digital services as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Fun and challenging projects with ambitious clients from many industries
- Development of a wide variety of software services
- Sharing experiences and learnings with your colleagues
- Constant learning and self-improvement through conferences and team events
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to make an impact
In your application we want to see that you would like to become one of us, don't just tell us where you have worked or studied. Tell us who you are, and where you are heading. Describe what you already know, and what you will learn next.
Here's a little checklist, before you apply
- Over 5 years of professional software development experience
- The passion and skill required to build and ship high-quality software
- A big picture mentality to support solving problems from client, to server and system architecture.
- Able to visualise and communicate decisions
- Created REST APIs and developed backend services
- One or multiple environments including: Scala, Node.js, Java, .NET, Go or Python
- Experience with databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDb, Redis or similar
- Experience with test automation, continuous delivery and unit testing frameworks
- You should have a passion for learning and the talent to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies.
- Interest in other platforms and technologies, as well as future trends
- Interest in mentoring junior team members
- Understanding of full-stack, web and mobile development (not expert)
- Understanding of current programming paradigms: functional programming, reactive programming, actor model, etc.
- You are able to communicate fluently in English, our company language.
- German skills are beneficial, but not required.
- The ability to discuss project work with our customers over phone, video conference, or at our or their premises.
- Some travelling will be required
All in all, we are not just looking for a person for a specific position. We are looking for people who know their stuff, and who are passionate to learn more!
If this sounds like something you can and want to do, and you're a friendly person who is fun to work with, we would love to get to know you! Please send your application and your CV (if possible with examples of your work e.g. GitHub, app stores, portfolios) to email@example.com.
Ps: If you want to experience other cities you also have the opportunity to work at our other sites, e.g. Berlin, London or Helsinki, through client projects or our FutuHike program. Futurice also offers sponsorships for open source contributions that you do in your free time. And since you know best for you to work effectively, you get a credit card and a budget to buy the tools you need, you get to pick your work laptop, smartphone, tablet or smartwatch.