Senior Backend Developer (m/f)
ubitricity Gesellschaft für verteilte Energiesysteme
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: November 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Paving the way for a sustainable future is not just an idea, it’s our duty. The future is mobile, renewable, and smart; and we are right there in the middle: The ubitricity Mobile Metering system lets electric vehicles (EVs) charge anywhere anytime. It’s the only charging infrastructure solution that is economically viable and scalable, and it delivers on the promise of 100% renewable mobility. As a startup company, we have gained international visibility and reputation as thought leader in the e-mobility and energy markets; we are cooperating with the automotive and energy industries to make our technology truly ubiquitous. Help us design the revolution of smart, mobile electricity!
This is how it works: The SmartCable combines metering and communication. EV drivers can plug into any SimpleSocket and yet charge electricity from their supplier of choice: The supply contract is tied to the meter, not to the outlet. SimpleSockets are just that: simple. We reduce expensive charging stations to a switched outlet with zero running costs that can be integrated virtually everywhere – even in streetlight poles. Authorization and grid management happens in the backend. Mobile Metering is the innovation that makes electric mobility affordable and ubiquitous. More, it can turn EVs into smart grid storage. It’s that smart and simple!
You develop, implement, and integrate value-added services, data analytics, and features for billing and analyzing EV charging transactions.
- The charge detail records (CDRs) take center stage in our backend. Similar to telecommunication providers, we bill individual charging transactions. Because our customers trust in the integrity and correctness of these CDRs, we take security seriously from the get-go.
- Our backend consists of shrink-wrapped software, built-to-order systems, and own code. As a startup that is defining a new market, we must rapidly adapt our processes along the entire value chain. Your task is to come up with lean design and implementation of data models and business logic, and to advance our DevOps environment: embrace change and go live quicker than the e-mobility world keeps changing.
- You select tools, frameworks, and software products, cooperate with suppliers, and write and test your own code to implement features and integrate the building blocks.
- You are at home in the world of Java enterprise IT. A heterogeneous mix of custom code and software products is your daily business.
- Because of your excellent ability to abstract and your deep knowledge and experience, you select the right pattern, technology, and tools to integrate a lean, stable, and performant system.
- You are a translator between domain and technical data models; your SQL queries make DB admins happy.
- Your mother tongue is Java, and you are fluent in additional integration and scripting languages. You have a clear opinion on where, when, and which frameworks to use.
- DevOps is integral to your workflow.
- You are proud of the quality of your code and documentation; no line leaves your shop without proper tests.
- You enjoy advocating your high standard of quality and your development methodology.
- Create and grow: You shape the course of your work and of the entire company. Expand your horizon and learn about the integration of mobility, energy, and e-commerce.
- Challenging Tasks: You are part of the green-field development of our entire backend. You shape our development and deployment process.
- Team Spirit: We are skilled, professional and dynamic, from diverse backgrounds, and cover the entire value chain.
- Future-proof: Let’s revolutionize mobility and energy supply together - let’s shape an industry in its infancy!
- Innovative Workplace: Here at the EUREF-Campus, experience e-mobility and smart grid integration first hand, in the middle of Europe’s startup capital.
You want to create, nurture, and grow our disruptive smart charging technology as part of our world-class team? Please get in touch with us and send your résumé (cover letter, CV, transcripts) to Dr. Ulrich Schuster (email@example.com) and state your availability.