Senior Backend Engineer (Ruby on Rails) (m/w)
Lesson Nine GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for a full-time Backend Engineer (Ruby on Rails) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while we are shaping the future of learning.
Our flexible cloud-based backend infrastructure consists of multiple high-performance rails services serving more than 20.000 requests per minute to users worldwide via different clients (Android, iOS, Web).
You are an experienced backend developer that loves to solve challenging technical problems working together with ambitious collegues in a fast-paced environment.
Your mission will be to significantly enhance the backend capabilities - as well as implement completely new services - while improving performance and mainting stability.
- Work in a cross-functional, agile team closely together with designers and product owners to deliver the services for our learning system
- envision, architect and implement new projects and features and deliver them into production
- Identify and implement innovative solutions and ensure long-term stability and maintainability of our code base
- ensure code quality and participate in code reviews
- Optimize our backend services with regards to performance and stability
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Very good knowledge in Ruby on Rails development, at least 3+ years experience
- Software development talent proven by great work results/experience, hobby projects or open source contribution
- Passion for building scalable distributed architectures and services using proven software design techniques
- Can do attitude, great team player
- OPTIONAL: Experience with NoSQL databases is a plus
- OPTIONAL: understanding of lean and agile practices, in particular Scrum and Kanban
- Tackle high volume, scaleable problems with a cloud-based setup and latest cutting-edge technologies
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hackdays, open-source contributions, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathons etc.)
Please note that we only accept applications through our website: http://babbel.workable.com/jobs/6365