Senior Buyer / Teamleitung Einkauf (m/f)
Sales Management Sonstige
Beginn: Oktober 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We have an exciting opportunity for motivated and inspirational leader to join our dynamic Buying team in Berlin!
Willingness to travel across Europe to attend trade shows, Fluency in English and Native Level German are essential, as the main purpose of this role is to motivate and lead, a team of Buyer’s to help expand our vendor portfolio across Europe and build out product selection across categories including furniture, décor and housewares.
The successful candidate will be instrumental, in identifying growth areas, negotiating buying terms with key suppliers and actively developing a team of Buyers in all areas of negotiation. This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, focused, outgoing and ambitious leader with an impressive above average track record. Strong negotiation along with client relationship building skills are essential along with a genuine interest in the world of interiors, fashion and design or trends.
- Manage a team of buyers to exceed specific selection targets while focusing on supplier impact
- Conduct competitive and product category analysis to evaluate market trends, then identify new designers and brands to increase and expand selection across all product categories
- Negotiate buying terms with suppliers (selection, price, quantity, and delivery terms) and actively develop team in all areas of negotiation
- Attend trade shows and exhibits to source product and pitch suppliers, conduct buying trips on a regular basis
- Train, develop and mentor buyers in e-commerce, retail and buying best practices
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years of e-commerce/retail buying experience or a far above average track record in other industries with a strong passion for home, design, retail and e-commerce
- Fluent in English and Native Level German with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Familiarity with MS Excel and Outlook
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter capable of achieving specific target goals.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset with a “We are never finished” attitude
- Demonstrated success in directly relevant role(s) with examples of delivering against aggressive targets & goals in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- A ‘hands-on’ opportunity to hit the ground running at a fast-growing ecommerce company.
- Flat hierarchies and excellent opportunities for career advancement.
- A fun, friendly and motivated team, as well as a supportive and approachable management.
- Desirable office location in one of Berlin’s best-known districts.
- Fresh fruit, coffee and snacks every day.
- Free beverages on Friday afternoons.
- Monthly team outings and regular office events.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.