Studio Art Director (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Mai 2015
Berufserfahrung: Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
Your role within our Kingdom
King.com is looking for an exceptionally skilled Art Director to join our game studio in Berlin and work on our latest batch of exciting new games. You will be part of a highly experienced and successful team, so you need to be a very talented artist and a great team player with great coaching skills. You will work to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of our Art pipeline, and work actively in our game projects to help deliver global hits.
Skills to create thrills
You are passionate about games and able to work in a flexible and fluid environment where the job will evolve over time. You are the go to expert in your discipline and Partner with Head of Studio on all matters relating to Game Art and the Studio Art output to ensure our games deliver on the high quality bars we set for King.
Core Leadership & People Skills
- Actively take part in the game development process to ensure we create a clear artistic vision for each game
- Responsible for leading and coaching the Studio Artists to ensure their outputs consistently match the agreed art vision and quality for the game
- Responsible for Art Leadership for the studio, making sure the studio adopts the best fit Art style and drive the right choices relating to all things Art
- You will lead by example and work in the game projects, as well as coach
- Responsible for overseeing all Art hiring, training, development & distribution of art people to games
- Responsible for working with Learning department and peers from other studios to address training and development requirements
- Bring industry knowledge of best practice to the teams to aid productivity and quality
- Coordinate with the Global Art Studio Director to ensure cross studio collaboration both for Art and Resource requirements
- Artistic vision and great technical skills with an eye for detail
- Relevant 3D art and animation experience
- Skilled in the use of Maya and Adobe CS package
- Champion and use good technical practices
- Understanding of our customers’ preferences and the ability to produce appealing art in appropriate style and available time frame
- An innovative spirit and contribute beyond the assigned tasks, actively seeking responsibility
- Good communication and organizational skills, preferably experience from working in an agile project environment
Should we meet, we would love to see a portfolio of your work demonstrating some of the above.
We’re knights of creativity!
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments.
We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative. That’s why we call ourselves developers of magic and knights of creativity!
Want to join our Kingdom?
If you are interested, please go to jobs.king.com and apply! Application must be in English.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent.