Senior Commercial Manager / Buyer, Joss & Main (m/f)
Business Development Management
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Joss & Main (http://www.jossandmain.com), a division of Wayfair, is a leading private sale site focused on premium goods for the home, offered curated sales and the finest brands at discounts of up to 70% off. We are seeking an experienced and inspirational leader for one or more of our commercial categories (senior commercial manager/senior buyer). Main tasks will be to identify growth areas, find and onboard key suppliers and manage a team of buyers/commercial managers to create theme-based promotions that maximize commercial success. This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, focused, and ambitious leader with an impressive, far-above average track record who has a flair and passion for home and design and is interested in a role with a rapid growth trajectory.
We are seeking a deeply analytic, passionate, style-engaged, and process-driven leader with a significant track record of success to join our rapidly growing commercial team as a senior commercial manager (senior category manager/buyer). Our ideal candidate has 3-7 years of experience in e-commerce/retail merchandising/buying. Due to our rapid growth, experience in a high-paced environment (e.g., start-up, high-potential employers) is essential.
Joss & Main is the fastest growing flash sales site for the home, with a track record of successfully growing from $0 to more than $200M in annual sales in less than 2 years; our approach to incredibly rapid profitable e-commerce growth is equal parts analysis, principled negotiation, idea generation, and creative presentation. Our Senior Commercial Managers each lead a substantial portion of the P&L, developing new supplier relationships and driving assortment planning, class & price ladders, and the negotiation of pricing and inventory.
Our successful candidates come from a cross-section of e-commerce/retail merchandising, investment banking, consulting and other professional services backgrounds. What unifies them is the motivation of a dynamic team environment, inspirational leadership capabilities, the ability to measure success and optimize progress based on daily results, and the satisfaction of being highly developmental managers. We welcome applications from high caliber professionals who are looking for the next chapter of their careers, for whom style & home décor is a meaningful arena to use the skills they developed in generalist business settings. Please reach out and highlight how your experience can be leveraged to contribute to the success of the next great e-commerce business.
- Recruit, manage and motivate a team of commercial managers/buyers to exceed specific revenue and margin targets
- Create strategic supplier account plans; expand existing supplier relationships
- Negotiate buying terms with suppliers (selection, price, quantity, and delivery terms) and actively develop team in all areas of negotiation
- Analyze event and category performance and drive the analytical and commercial development of the team
- Develop category strategies to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Collaborate with our assortment planning (event and item analytics), event production (merchandising) and creative (editors, copywriters, photographers, stylists) team to maximize sell through and margin
- Lead process improvement discussions across the organization
- Attend trade shows and exhibits to source product, conduct buying trips on a regular basis
- Train, develop and mentor associates and buyers in e-commerce, retail and private sale best practices
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4-7 years of e-commerce/retail merchandising/buying experience or a far above average track record in other industries with a strong passion for home, design, retail and e-commerce
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against aggressive targets & goals in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Recognized effective manager and team motivator with experience managing teams in various settings and in startup-like environments
- Track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources, managing through change and ambiguity
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with strong negotiating skills
- Highly goal oriented, entrepreneurial self-starter with multiple examples of success
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Interest in home décor, home furnishings, and/or other home products
- Analytical thinker who looks for (and finds) answers in the data
- Familiarity with private sales trends and developments
- Process oriented, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
- Willing and available to travel
- Familiarity with retail/merchandising concepts (assortment planning, price ladders, etc.) a plus
- Demonstrated success in directly relevant role(s)
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Pls apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
About Joss & Main
Joss & Main (http://www.jossandmain.com), a unique and innovative e-retailer for aspirational home goods and lifestyle products, is a privately held division of Wayfair LLC, the world’s largest online destination for the home. Within 18 months of launch we have scaled from zero to become one of the largest flash sale sites for the home, and are on track to reach a business of well over than $100m by the end of this year. We are a daily destination that brings design within reach of every consumer, offering curated events and coveted products at prices that can’t be found elsewhere. We help our members who are proud of their homes bring their style to life, discovering just the right pieces to enrich every individual taste. We have a highly editorial, highly curated, and very high involvement brand that resonates strongly and has rapidly created significant loyalty from its several million members. By delighting our members every day with the thrill of the find, we are setting new records for engagement and very rapidly scaling our revenue and profitability. Our team of marketers, designers, buyers, merchandisers and technologists are revolutionizing sales for home goods with our ability to draw from the world’s largest selection of goods. Our mission is to bring the most desirable and sought-after brands to the consumers who want them most, serving as a highly effective retail channel for the best products & names in furniture, décor, cookware, accents, textiles, personal accessories, services and more.
Wayfair is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. We’re looking for the brightest, sharpest, most creative minds in every field to help. Are you one? If you like transparency, friendliness, a relaxed but results-driven work environment filled with like-minded top-tier talent, Wayfair would like to hear from you. We own and operate Wayfair, AllModern, and Joss & Main. We are on target for over $600 million in revenue and currently employ over 1,000 employees in offices located in Boston, Utah, Kentucky, the U.K, Germany, Ireland and Australia. Wayfair was founded in 2002 and is privately held and profitable. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, pre-IPO equity, a long-term and sustainable, next-generation, e-commerce business model as well as surprising and generous perks designed to attract and retain the brightest people who are incredibly excited about what they do. Wayfair is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Come join us at http://www.wayfair.com/careers.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair