Senior Commercial Manager (m/f)
Sales Management Sonstige
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Mai 2015
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
Senior Commercial Manager (f/m)
Joss & Main, a division of Wayfair, is a leading private sale site focused on premium goods for the home, offered curated sales and the finest brands at discounts of up to 70% off.
We are seeking an experienced and inspirational leader for one or more of our commercial categories (senior commercial manager/senior buyer). Main tasks will be to identify growth areas, find and onboard key suppliers and manage a team of buyers/commercial managers to create theme-based promotions that maximize commercial success. This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, focused, and ambitious leader with an impressive, far-above average track record who has a flair and passion for home and design and is interested in a role with a rapid growth trajectory.
We are seeking a deeply analytic, passionate, style-engaged, and process-driven leader with a significant track record of success to join our rapidly growing commercial team as a senior commercial manager (senior category manager/buyer). Our ideal candidate has several of experience in e-commerce/retail merchandising/buying. Due to our rapid growth, experience in a high-paced environment (e.g., start-up, high-potential employers) is essential.
Joss & Main is the fastest growing flash sales site for the home, with a track record of successfully growing from $0 to more than $200M in annual sales in less than 2 years; our approach to incredibly rapid profitable e-commerce growth is equal parts analysis, principled negotiation, idea generation, and creative presentation. Our Senior Commercial Managers each lead a substantial portion of the P&L, developing new supplier relationships and driving assortment planning, class & price ladders, and the negotiation of pricing and inventory. Our successful candidates come from a cross-section of e-commerce/retail merchandising, investment banking, consulting and other professional services backgrounds. What unifies them is the motivation of a dynamic team environment, inspirational leadership capabilities, the ability to measure success and optimize progress based on daily results, and the satisfaction of being highly developmental managers. We welcome applications from high caliber professionals who are looking for the next chapter of their careers, for whom style & home décor is a meaningful arena to use the skills they developed in generalist business settings. Please reach out and highlight how your experience can be leveraged to contribute to the success of the next great e-commerce business.
- Recruit, manage and motivate a team of commercial managers/buyers to exceed specific revenue and margin targets
- Create strategic supplier account plans; expand existing supplier relationships
- Negotiate buying terms with suppliers (selection, price, quantity, and delivery terms) and actively develop team in all areas of negotiation
- Analyze event and category performance and drive the analytical and commercial development of the team
- Develop category strategies to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Collaborate with our assortment planning (event and item analytics), event production (merchandising) and creative (editors, copywriters, photographers, stylists) team to maximize sell through and margin
- Lead process improvement discussions across the organization
- Attend trade shows and exhibits to source product, conduct buying trips on a regular basis
- Train, develop and mentor associates and buyers in e-commerce, retail and private sale best practices
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
Desired Skills & Experience
- Several years of e-commerce/retail merchandising/buying experience or a far above average track record in other industries with a strong passion for home, design, retail and e-commerce
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against aggressive targets & goals in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Recognized effective manager and team motivator with experience managing teams in various settings and in startup-like environments
- Track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources, managing through change and ambiguity
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with strong negotiating skills
- Highly goal oriented, entrepreneurial self-starter with multiple examples of success
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Interest in home décor, home furnishings, and/or other home products
- Analytical thinker who looks for (and finds) answers in the data
- Familiarity with private sales trends and developments
- Process oriented, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
- Willing and available to travel
- Familiarity with retail/merchandising concepts (assortment planning, price ladders, etc.) a plus
- Demonstrated success in directly relevant role(s)
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: engineering.wayfair.com
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.