Senior Consultant (m/f)
Business Development HR Development
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Work with us! We’re looking for a senior consultant to join our fun and hardworking global team. At Mission Talent, we’re dedicated to finding inspiring leaders for the world’s leading nonprofit and development organizations. As senior consultant, your role will be to manage the full cycle of the executive search process for international and German accounts. You will also contribute to the strategic direction of Mission Talent and lead business development in the German-speaking market.
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Closing Date: 28 August 2015
- Starting Date: Immediate
- Reference: MT-SC-D
About Mission Talent
Mission Talent, registered in South Africa and Germany, specialises in executive search for the global non-profit and international development sector. We offer retained search services to NGOs and foundations as well as humanitarian, conservation and international development organisations.
The Senior Consultant will manage the full cycle of the executive search process, including client consultation, candidate identification and approach, interviewing, presenting candidates and following-up. The role-holder will also take the lead on business development in the German-speaking market.
The role encompasses three main areas:
1) Executive Search:
- Understand the expectations and the needs of the client through regular consultation.
- Become familiar with the operating principles and the organisational culture of the client, as well as with the desired candidate profile. Provide assistance in streamlining the job description and advise the client on potential difficulties or challenges.
- Identify potential candidates for the role through a range of methods; including research, networking with relevant stakeholders and contacting other sources.
- Approach potential candidates and sources.
- Screen identified candidates with brief videoconferencing calls to check their suitability.
- Conduct video-conference interviews.
- Write longlist and shortlist reports to be submitted to the client.
- Assist the client in the process of selecting candidates for face-to-face client interviews.
- Be responsible for the overall communication with the client and the candidates.
2) Business Development:
- Position Mission Talent in the German-speaking NGO market and expand our client base.
- Participate in relevant events such as conferences and workshops in order to extend our network in the German NGO community.
- Identify potential clients and approach them to introduce Mission Talent’s work.
- Negotiate independently with new clients and potential clients.
- Keep up to date with current trends in the international and the NGO community globally and in Germany.
3) Participation in strategic decision-making as a member of Mission Talent’s core team in the development of the company. '
- Work experience in Organisational Development, Consultancy or comparable roles.
- Good level of self-organisation and capacity to work under minimal supervision.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and client orientation.
- Fluent in German, excellent knowledge of the English language; further knowledge of French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic would be an advantage.
- Initial NGO experience and good overview of international NGO networks.
- Excellent writing, communication and intercultural skills, as well as experience abroad.
- Very good research skills and the ability to become acquainted easily with new topic areas.
- Confident appearance and an ability to manage relationships at senior, executive and board level.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Creative and smart personality.
- Passion for civil society and networking.
- Ease with technology, databases, and online teamwork platforms.
Mission Talent’s Offer
- A long-term position with the opportunity to rapidly become part of Mission Talent’s core team and participate in strategic decision-making.
- Responsibility for client relationships and development
- Very flexible working hours and home office opportunity.
- Work in an international team of consultants based in the UK, Germany, South Africa, France and Vietnam.
How to Apply
Applications must be addressed to Mission Talent via email to email@example.com stating MT-SC-D/+your surname in the subject line. Alternatively, you can also submit your application via the weblink below.
To apply for this role, kindly attach your CV and motivational letter (one page) which summarises how your profile aligns with the key requirements, skills and abilities of this role. Kindly state your earning expectations (giving a range is fine).
After submitting your application you will receive an automatic confirmation. If you do not receive this (kindly check your spam folder as well), please contact Mission Talent via firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone: +49 30 76 77 52 75.