Senior Data Analyst (m/f)
Beginn: Januar 2017
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
Contentful is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We're a fun team of over 90 people from 34 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
As our Senior Data Analyst (f/m) you are our in-house expert when it comes to data analysis. You turn data into insight and will drive critical business decisions for Contentful. In addition, you will be responsible for mentoring and developing junior team members.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You live and breathe data and anything that can be accomplished with it
- You take ownership of our current set of analytical projects (recurring and ad-hoc analyses, data integrations, tool implementations, dashboards) as well as enhance our data systems
- You have a passion for finding the most suitable KPIs, defining them and ensuring that any metrics are well structured and maintained in our data warehouse
- You create, maintain and improve our reports and dashboards and therefore drive the decision making to support our company leadership and the various departments
- As a business partner to product and business functions, you identify trends in our data, provide insights to management, and have no issues communicating with the CxO level; overall, you evangelize the value of data and insights at Contentful
- You hold a quantitative degree from a top university (computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics or similar)
- You have 5 to 8 years of hands-on experience with data analytics and data science
- You are fluent in SQL and Excel and a technical expert when it comes to data models and data mining
- You have a strong understanding of core data technology concepts (DW, ETL, real-time events collection and storage, etc.) and love to work with scripting languages (your weapon of choice is Python or R)
- You are an excellent project manager, able to focus on what matters in the midst of multiple conflicting priorities
- You have an inquisitive mind, are detail oriented and able to adjust quickly to change
- You have excellent communication skills in English
At Contentful you will work in an engineering-centered environment where you will encounter many like-minded people. We employ state-of-the-art technologies and you can experiment with latest tools and systems (we use Redshift, Looker and Periscope just to name a few). What’s more, you get to work with bright people who want to solve hard problems. For us, the best idea and most impactful analysis win.
- Join a real tech company that counts among its investor and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions).
- We offer education budget and extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware, to software, to your work environment, we've literally got your back.
- Enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work.
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes!
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget. We also get your back in terms of settling down in a new city.