Senior Data Engineer (m/w)
Think Big Analytics
Berlin oder München
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Mai 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Think Big Analytics provides expert advisory and implementation services for open source big data solutions. As the first and only pure-play big data services firm, our Architects, Data Scientists and Engineers are trusted advisors to the world's most innovative companies. Our experienced teams combine a distinctive methodology and a proven Think Big Analytics Velocity Framework that includes tested design patterns and pre-built components, to help clients build applications faster. Think Big Analytics helps clients leverage big data analytics by integrating open source platforms, such as Hadoop, NoSQL and streaming engines, with best-of-breed data warehousing environments. More information: www.thinkbiganalytics.com.
We are now recruiting a
Senior Data Engineer (m/f)
Locations: Berlin or Munich
As a Senior Data Engineer (m/f), you will provide technical leadership to clients in a team that designs and develops pioneering large-scale cluster data processing systems. You will mentor sophisticated organizations on large-scale data and analytics and work with client teams to deliver results.
Additionally, as a senior member of our Consulting team, you will help Think Big, A Teradata Company establish thought leadership in the big data space by contributing white papers, technical commentary and representing our company at industry conferences.
- Proven expertise in production software development
- 7+ years of experience programming in Java, Python, SQL, or C/C++
- Proficient in SQL, NoSQL, relational database design and methods for efficiently retrieving data
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in German and English
- Strong team player capable of working in a demanding start-up environment
- Experience building complex and non-interactive systems (batch, distributed etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science or related technical field
- Ability to travel for up to 70% of the time
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior consulting experience
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Avro, Thrift, Protobufs and JMS: ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, JBoss etc.
- Dynamic and/or functional languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Scala, Clojure)
- Experience designing and tuning high performance systems
- Prior experience with data warehousing and business intelligence systems
- Linux expertise
- Prior work and/or research experience with unstructured data and data modeling
- Familiarity with different development methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, XP, Scrum, etc.)
- Broader experience with Spring ecosystem including Spring Batch, Spring MVC, and Spring Hadoop
- Experience in configuring a Jenkins build, creating/updating a Jira ticket, enabling automated tests in a Gradle/Maven build
If this role sounds interesting to you, please apply directly on our company website.