(Senior) Developer for Innovations in Financial Applications (m/f)
Beginn: April 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Finance & Application Innovation Center in Potsdam is a young and dedicated group with the mission to create innovative and potentially breakthrough software solutions for high value, strategic customers in the area of Finance. To achieve this, we collaborate closely with customers. Our development approach is user-centric, applying different methods (such as Design Thinking, Scrum, Agile Development) within short project cycles.
Location for this position is Potsdam. There is a shuttle for SAP employees running from Berlin to Potsdam and back every day.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
We are building up a new team which is focusing on driving innovations into Financial Applications with a focus on leading the way into the Cloud for our current portfolio and in a second stage working on exciting new applications. In the initial phase, a crucial focus will be on implementing a set of agile development practices to ensure the Cloud readiness for our latest developments, thus the candidate must have a strong background in test automation, web application front-end and back-end scripting. In the stage afterwards, the team will focus on developing completely new applications that will bring disruptive innovations into the established portfolio of financial applications. This will include a close collaboration with user experience designs, domain experts, and likely co-innovation projects with customers-to-be.
As part of the SAP Innovation Center team, you will be working in a fast-paced environment, communicating and collaborating with partners and customers, software engineers and product managers.
Your tasks may include
- Implementing automated tests in a Continuous Integration environment to ensure the high quality of software
- Develop an automated build process to facilitate production efforts and reduce costs
- Develop new financial applications from scratch, leveraging latest technologies and collaborating closely with a strong team of designers and domain experts
- Support the complete lifecycle of the development process including: design, coding, testing, integration and troubleshooting
- Work with different teams in adopting and learning test automation techniques
- Participate in the Scrum meetings, assist building a backlog of stories, estimating the required efforts
- Work with a highly engaged team: experience the creation of new innovations and support transition of latest applications into the Cloud
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or related field (Masters degree can be a plus)
- Applied programming skills such as: C++, Java, C.
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl/Python and UNIX shell
- Deep understanding of unit & functional testing (JUNIT/QUNIT)
- Execute automated testing on both Web Front end and back end systems
- Must be a team player, have an agile mindset, and have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English
- Experiences in developing applications
- A passion for detail and quality
- Knowledge of server side based build/integration/package management tools – NPM, Grunt, Jenkins and their application to continuous build workflows
- Administration & deployment on cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience with SAP FI/CO or related modules
- Experience working with big database (MySQL, NoSQL, HANA)
- Experience working with selenium (WebDriver) to automate actions in a Web applications
We are looking for a (experienced) developer with a solid background in application development, testing and build automation.
If you are interested, feel free to send your CV to email@example.com