Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f)
E.ON Business Services GmbH
Berlin, Hamburg, Würzburg, Hannover or Essen
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Januar 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Our Solution Development department within Digital IT in Berlin, Hamburg, Würzburg, Hannover or Essen is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer!
E.ON is a privately-owned international energy company. Our 40,000 colleagues in 13 countries work daily towards the improvement of technical innovations and user-friendly customer solutions for the new energy world. We are the first large energy company to focus more heavily upon the energy of the future through our three business areas of energy networks, renewable energies and customer solutions.
The Solution Development Unit within Digital IT is responsible to ensure a state-of-the-art and forward-looking solution development for the entire digital stakeholder community within E.ON to meet customer and business expectations. It is an indispensable cornerstone in the reliability of E.ON's digital transformation to maximize the value contribution of digital IT for E.ON's business.
- Be part of development projects and ensure the implementation, configuration and continuous improvement of DevOps processes and tools to enable continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Consult and actively support demanding agile projects in terms of DevOps
- Responsible for conception, implementation and maintenance of DevOps tools, e.g. Git, Jenkins, SonarQube and JIRA
- Close collaboration with architects, developers, product owners and other stakeholders to enable modern application development
- Training of development teams
- Understanding the competitive environment the Business operates in and knowing what delivers advantage from a digital business perspective
- Actively identify areas for improvement and contribute to proof-of-concepts to evaluate new technologies, frameworks and architectures to drive innovative ideas into the IT and business
- University degree in engineering, computer sciences, information systems, economics or equivalent professional qualification
- Several years of experience in design and implementation of DevOps processes in agile SW development projects as well as the relevant tools, e.g. Git, Jenkins, SonarQube and JIRA
- Highly experienced in planning, designing and implementing new software solutions within agile development projects
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of digital core technologies (e.g. data management, data analytics, integration, process automation, mobile, social, API Management, cloud)
- Excellent English language skills, fluent German language skills is a plus
- Ability to collaborate actively across cultural and organizational boundaries
- High ambition to follow and evaluate new trends and acquire new skills (out-of-the-box thinking)
- Willingness to accept frequent business trips
What we offer
- The possibility to work internationally, goal oriented and independently in an experienced and professional team
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas
- Flexible agile working is fine - talented single parent families with commitments cramped by the classic 9 to 5 are welcome. We focus on delivery not on clocking in and out of a building.
If you are inspired by the idea of shaping the new energy world, then apply on our website: karriere.eon.beesite.de