Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f)
Beginn: Februar 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Who we are
FlixBus is a European long distance mobility provider with headquarters in Munich, Berlin, Milan, Paris and Zagreb. Since 2013, FlixBuses have a new, convenient and green way. Thanks to a smart business model and an innovative technology, the former startup has established Europe's largest intercity bus network in less than four years.
To support our team we are currently looking for Senior DevOps Engineers (m/f) based in Munich and Berlin, to join us as soon as possible.
On Flixbus's DevOps team, you are going to be part of the next generation of our infrastructure platform. Our stack is highly sophisticated and composed of many cutting edge components. It's implemented on a self-hosted kubernetes cluster that sits on top of AWS. Continuous operations are facilitated by Gitlab and Jenkins. Centralized logging is powered by Elasticsearch and Graylog. Monitoring and application instrumentation is handled by Prometheus and Grafana.
We believe in automating everything and are strongly inspired by Google's site, so we strive to commit a maximum of 50% of our time to operations and a minimum of 50% to further automation of our infrastructure. The ultimate vision is to have an elastic, Self-healing and highly available computation cluster that provides a platform that is capable of handling our massive growth and offers great flexibility for our autonomous product teams.
Right now we are in the process of disassembling our PHP and jvm based monoliths, turning them into fine grained microservices and moving them into our new container based application layer. Soon our internal web-based tools, booking engine, mobile and iot backends, APIs and customer facing webservices will all * run * on the cluster.
Here is a brief overview of how you can help us build your business: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUWB7cW8UTg
- Full stack development, you will build and adapt Golang, Lua, Python and Ruby based applications
- Teach our delivery teams on how to use the stack
- Contribute to open source projects (e.g. Kubernetes, Openresty and many more)
- Write configuration scripts to further automate our infrastructure
- Evaluate technology decisions and implementation strategies
- Troubleshooting and disaster recovery
- Build automated tests to make sure all components work properly
- Strong knowledge of designing cloud architectures
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with multiple development teams
- Solid Linux, networking and database skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be result driven and value oriented
- Be part of an incredibly fast growing company with a strong brand and highly motivated and international team
- Work on your self-defined challenges during our HackRday once a month!
- Cutting edge technologies, Agile development practices, and product focused environment dealing with demanding engineering and scaling challenges
- Training and Conference opportunities
- Office location in the heart of Berlin or Munich
- Flexible working hours
- 12 100% free bus rides per year, 5 50% vouchers for family/friends per year
- Language course support
- Relocation support
- Competitive salary
So if you are passionate about the new stack and you want keep up with promising emerging technologies, Flixbus is the place to be. Apply now!