Senior Director, Contract Sales & Design Solutions Business Development (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2014
Berufserfahrung: Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
Hem is currently looking for a Senior Director Contract Sales & Design Solutions Business Development in our Berlin office.
- Develop and lead sales revenue from real estate developers, architects and designers in a specific region or territory.
- Guide a team of interior designers who assist our customers with their interior design projects.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of members of the Contract Team
- Mentors sales associates and interior designers with the implementation of account penetration strategies to establish product line and service sales acceptance with customers.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work.
- Coordinate recruitment and training of new sales and interior design associates
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisals; rewards and disciples associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis and transfer your knowledge to supporting company functions.
- Represent Hem at conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
- Promote Hem’s involvement in industry, manufacturing or trade associations through networking relationships and membership organization participation
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key people in relevant industries.
- Confer with design,administrative and/or operations personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in commercial office furniture sales
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in sales management and/or business development preferred
- You have established relationships and knowledge in the furnishing, architecture, building industry or related industries.
- You are a natural communicator with excellent negotiation, persuasion, presentation and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- You speak fluent English and German.
- You have a proven success in meeting revenue targets.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Developing and implementing successful sales strategies
- Leading, coaching and mentoring a successful team of sales associates
- Consultative solution based selling
- A&D Focus
- Contract furniture.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, gross profit, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to read and interpret documents; RFPs, Contract Documents, and Blueprints
- You have experience in managing relationships across all levels of an organization.
- You have an excellent commercial acumen and a track record in business development.
- You are able and willing to travel
- You’re a team player who enjoys the thrill of working in a globally operating, fast-moving start-up.
- You’re flexible, you enjoy coming up with ideas and are eager to take on new responsibilities.
- You’re organized, you enjoy seeing a task through to its satisfactory completion and you are able to keep a calm head under pressure, never losing sight of the bigger picture even in stressful situations.
Hem is building a new global home for design. We create original, timeless furniture and interior accessories together with the most exciting and talented designers of today. Hem means Home. And home is where the heart is. Our heart is truly global, with teams working from Berlin, Helsinki, New York, Pune, Stockholm and Warsaw. Hem imagines a near future where a majority of home furnishings are purchased online. We plan to lead that evolution.
Although we’re spread over three continents and six countries, we’re still a small team at Hem and every day varies, which makes this job amazing! We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about design, with lots of energy, exciting ideas and initiatives.
You need to: Be extremely well organized, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and humor. Enjoy the freedom and responsibility that come with working at a fast-moving startup.
Does this description fit your profile? Are you interested in the job? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application by clicking http://hem.com/en-gb/careers?jvi=oHwHZfwD,Job