Senior Frontend Developer (m/f)
Springer SBM Deutschland GmbH
Beginn: Oktober 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The way we do business
We build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously, so you’ll be able to see new work go live to over four million visitors around the globe every week. Our flavour of agile has been heavily influenced by XP and Kanban, and if something isn’t working, we change it.
Our work delivers value to both the business and our customers, our teams are cross-discipline: business analysts and the user experience team work with stakeholders to coordinate research and understand requirements, whilst our frontend developers and software engineers pair with quality analysts to develop the most robust solutions, and our platform engineers work across the organisation to ensure our infrastructure never lets us down.
We generally follow a mix of agile and lean practices with an overall philosophy towards continuous delivery. We’ll rely on each and everyone´s expertise to adapt and improve these processes to serve the team, project and company as best fits their current contexts.
- Provide support for other FEDs (based in Berlin, to begin with).
- Maintain frequent communication with Line manager/FEDs/Devs/UI/UX/PM/BA
- Communicate clearly about status, problems, ideas
- Ensure the continuous delivery of high quality work (websites/software/documentation/style guides/etc).
- Mindful of others.
- Able to provide thoughtful/compassionate feedback.
- Deep understanding of accessibility issues.
- Emanates calm in the face of pressure.
- Has read the HTML spec and/or the CSS spec.
- Must delight in having an intimate understanding of the internal workings of a system.
- Must enjoy the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming (or circumventing) technical limitations.
- Understands and accepts – preferably relishes - the heterogeneous nature of the web.
- A deep understanding of browser and platform compatibility issues.
- Knowledge of the techniques used to build fast websites.
- Must have a great desire to adapt, and crave constructive criticism.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies
- A good work life balance with fair working hours + a generous and flexible vacation package
- Discounted public transport
- Discounted book prices
- An excellent on-site cafeteria
Working Hours: Full-time
Company and Location: Springer Science + Business Media Deutschland GmbH, Berlin
Excited by the prospect of joining us? We are looking forward to your online application!