Senior Grafik / Web Designer UI / UX (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: September 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We have an exciting opportunity, for a Senior Interactive / Interaction Web Designer with proven multi-layered design and UI / UX experience gained within a consumer facing and e-commerce background and a strong understanding of design for female consumer demographics. You will be responsible for conceptualizing and producing high-quality creative work across a variety of customer touch points both online and offline.
Working closely with our US based Creative team, you will ensure visual consistency of customer experience and brand voice across various touch points in Berlin, including: banners, email campaigns, print collateral, UI, UX etc. You will conceptualize and create pixel-perfect design mockups from sketches, wireframes, creative briefs, and occasionally, using your own creativity and vision!
This is an exciting time to join an immensely successful Global e-commerce company at Start-Up stage in Berlin!
- Collaborate with International teams, including; US based Creative Director and Editors, Berlin based Copywriters, and Marketing teams to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Ensure visual consistency of customer experience and brand voice across various touch points (banners, email campaigns, print collateral, UI, etc.)
- Conceptualize and create pixel-perfect design mockups from sketches, wireframes, creative briefs, and occasionally out of thin air
- Contribute to the development of the creative team's culture and quality standards; mentor junior designers and help them shape their own careers
- Act as a key contributor to the rapid brand development of a business that is defining and refining home décor purchases
- Manage time effectively, and work on multiple project timelines simultaneously in a demanding deadline-driven environment
- Proven multi-layered design experience within a consumer facing and e-commerce background
- Understanding of design for female consumer demographics
- Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 / CSS – at least an understanding of working with templates and changing them
- Up to 10 years of professional visual design experience with strong conceptual thinking
- Superior knowledge of design-applicable programs: Mac OS, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and perhaps the occasional work in PowerPoint
- Fluency in all areas of visual design with exceptional skills in typography, color theory and layout
- Familiarity with key aspects of user experience / UX / UI, online consumer purchase behavior, and data-rich environments where robust data is used to inform design decisions and creative expression to achieve business objectives
- Experience in mobile design a plus!
- Experiences with A/B-testing: what to do with the results!
- German language skills to a native language level is a must along with fluency in English
Portfolio: Please submit a link to your online portfolio in your application that includes UI / UX examples. Only candidates with a portfolio of design work will be considered.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Pls apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
With $915 million in revenue, Wayfair is Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and employs more than 1,500 people in its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. Wayfair is privately held and raised over $350 million from leading investors including Spark Capital, Battery Ventures, Great Hill Partners, HarbourVest Partners, and T. Rowe Price. The company has been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and was selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Read our Engineering Blog
Check out our YouTube Channel
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.