Senior Lead Game Artist (m/f)
Beginn: März 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Gamewheel is a platform that allows brands and agencies to create and launch compelling games that range from gaming classics to the latest in blended reality, with just a few clicks. A game is the future tool for content marketing, start leveraging it today. We are a team of game developers, artists, backend developers and of course business managers.
We are extending our team of developers and have a need for a Senior Lead Game Artist.
The Lead Artist (also known as Art Director or Creative Manager) is responsible for the overall look and feel of the game. Working with the Game Designer and Lead Developer, the Lead Artist devises the game’s visual style and directs the production of all visual material throughout the game’s development.
He produces much of the initial artwork themselves, setting creative and technical standards and determining the best tools and techniques to use.
In conjunction with the dev team, the Lead Artist puts together and manages the team of Artists and Animators who produce most of the art assets for the game (including environments, characters, objects and effects).
- Being responsible for the overall look of a game
- Devising the game’s visual style and directing the production of all visual material throughout the game’s development
- Managing the art and animation team
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A track record of a minimum of 5 released games in 2d and 3D
- be able to inspire and motivate the team of creative talent
- good understanding of Canvas, webGL, HTML5/CSS3 techniques
- sprite sheets and toon style animation understanding is a MUST have
- targeting mobile devices as well as browser games engines
- have a distinctive and original style
- understand all the roles within the art department and also of any outsourced contractors
- be able to build good working relationships with other departments
- be able to communicate clearly with senior managers, designers, programmers, testers and other personnel in their own language
- have excellent communication skills, including tact and diplomacy
- understand of the technology used in game design and development, its capabilities and limitations
- have traditional and computer art and design skills
- be able to manage people, time and resources
- have knowledge of 2D and 3D modelling and animation packages
- have conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- have a passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play
READY TO APPLY?
If you believe you can meet or exceed the requirements above, please contact us describing your professional goals, including an outline of your salary expectations.
Send your completed applications to: Christian Bittler, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +49 151 1670 5486, SKYPE: globalassist