Senior Manager Finance (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: April 2015
Hem is currently looking for Senior Manager Finance (m/f) for our Berlin office.
- Support the Global Controller in monthly and annual close process: AP Accounts Payable/AR Accounts Receivable, Intercompany activities, balance sheet reconciliations, balance sheet/profit and loss/margins flux analysis, multi-country VAT returns;
- Daily management of cash control, in-depth review of purchase ledgers and receivables, preparation of cash flows;
- Prepare statutory accounts, tax package and supporting information for group and local statutory audit; closely work with external auditors;
- Prepare full set of financial statements inclusive of notes;
- Drive the design and implementation of accounting procedures for the whole Group;
- Implement an accounting shared services structure in order to serve other European entities;
- Assist the Global Controller with developing and maintaining internal control framework, transfer pricing structure and adherence to group financial policies;
- Other tasks/projects, as required and assigned by the Global Controller
Skills & Requirements
- Hold an accounting degree (Bilanzbuchhalter, Chartered Accountant, CPA)
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills in German (native level) and English.
- Solid knowledge of German HGB/UStG/IFRS a must, USGAAP highly preferred
- 6-7 years relevant experience in an accounting position, overseeing General Ledger, A/P and A/R activities
- At least 3 year of working experience in a financial department of a German company
- Very good proficiency with ERP systems, including configuration and implementation
- Retail or e-commerce or manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience in dynamic/high revenue growth environments;
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to successfully work as part of a larger Team
- Mix of external audit and private company experience at manager level a plus
- Hands on mentality to meet tight deadlines
Hem is building a new global home for design. We create original, timeless furniture and interior accessories together with the most exciting and talented designers of today. Hem means Home. And home is where the heart is. Our heart is truly global, with teams working from Berlin, Helsinki, New York, Pune, Stockholm and Warsaw. Hem imagines a near future where a majority of home furnishings are purchased online. We plan to lead that evolution.
Although we’re spread over three continents and six countries, we’re still a small team at Hem and every day varies, which makes this job amazing! We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about design, with lots of energy, exciting ideas and initiatives.
You need to: Be extremely well organized, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and humor. Enjoy the freedom and responsibility that come with working at a fast-moving startup.
Does this description fit your profile? Are you interested in the job? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application by clicking the apply-button on our career site:
and notice that we only accept applications via apply-button on our career site.
Please also visit our new homepage http://hem.com/en-gb to get an impression of the new Hem collection.