Senior Product Designer UI (m/f)
Max-Beer-Straße 2, 10119 Berlin
IT Grafik Produktmanagement
Beginn: Mai 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Babbel is at the center of a language learning revolution. We defined the market for online language learning, and we're about to embark on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn.
If you’ve got a passion for designing truly outstanding products, along with the portfolio to back it up, we want to hear from you. You'll be an integral part of an interdisciplinary, international team with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects from learning through games to shaping habit change.
In return, we offer fantastic opportunities to learn and evolve within a dynamic and fast-growing startup. And, of course, you’ll be working on a product that improves the lives of millions of people.
This is a full time role, based in the heart of buzzing Berlin.
We are are looking for a Senior Product Designer (Visual) who will define and design the appearance and behaviour of the future of digital language learning.
A Visual Designer at Babbel drives the creative vision of how we design and craft digital learning experiences. You will be creating visual treatments for training tools, iconography, typography, and character illustration which bring our brand to life for language learners around the globe.
You will be
- Designing user interfaces for new and existing Babbel products and features
- Creating still and animated mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Mentoring and coaching colleagues, as well as reviewing their work and providing constructive feedback on it
- Leading design projects and managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proactively driving cooperation within the Product Design chapter & fostering collaboration with other departments
- Continuously improving design processes, knowledge sharing and tools to measurably enhance productivity and product quality
- Ensuring that implementation quality meets design requirements
- A talented designer by who has shipped excellent consumer-focused products
- A great communicator who can express his/her thoughts well in English
- Able to tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for millions of people around the world
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a Design/UX-related field or equivalent practical experience
- More than 5 years of visual design experience in a consumer-focused, high performance organization
- Prowess with creating beautiful, accessible products through typography, illustration and motion design
- Experience in leading design projects, art direction, conducting design reviews and mentoring/coaching junior team members
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating user-centered design approach, problem solving skills and superior attention to detail
- Extensive experience in designing and shipping for Android, iOS and web
- Expertise using industry-leading design and prototyping software
- Good prioritisation and time-management skills and experience in working in Scrum
Nice to have
- Experience producing visual and/or interaction guidelines
- Change the way people learn. Your ideas will impact the way millions of users experience a new language learning
- Design to delight, as well as to serve. The actual needs of our users are at the core of every decision we make at Babbel
- Design in an agile environment. You’ll collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to find innovative solutions to our users’ problems
- A vibrant international team from over 36 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)