Senior Software Developer Ruby (m/f)
Beginn: September 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
DaWanda is the leading German online marketplace for handmade and unique products. We are looking for passionate and skilled people to join our software development team. We are an international and diverse group and we strongly support the Ruby community. Furthermore we work with agile methodologies and scrum teams.
Our technological stack is service-oriented, mostly based on Ruby (Rails and Sinatra), but we also use other languages for special purposes (Scala, C, Clojure). We manage our own fleet of servers, deploying our services inside Docker containers. We develop our features in small incremental steps, with a workflow based on GitHub pull requests. We want our code to be well-tested and we continuously integrate with Travis CI.
The scale of our operations is a sweet spot between the freedom and the agility of a startup and the challenges of a big company.
You have worked with Ruby on Rails in large-scale production environments for several years? You are a team player who knows how to integrate with many different technologies, not only from the Ruby land? Join us!
- Work in a flat hierarchy international team (our office language is English)
- Write elegant and performant code that is easy to maintain
- Develop your code well-tested and improve tests and code continuously
- You deploy to our production cluster with over 100 million monthly page impressions on a daily basis
- Agile development and modern project management following the Scrum approach
- Ensure, restructure and maintain code for scalability
- You build software not only at work, you are passionate about software and contribute to open source projects
- Several years professional experience as a software developer or software engineer
- Excellent knowledge and production experience of Ruby (Rails and Sinatra)
- Proven ability to manage all technical requirements and work in an agile environment
- Significant experience in web-technologies using a variety of other languages and tools
- Good command of English
Be part of one of Europe’s most loved internet brands
Join a talented, motivated and international team
- Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks
- The opportunity for personal and professional development
- Participate in an open, creative and innovative company culture
- Flexible working hours
- Work in a beautiful loft in Berlin Charlottenburg
If you are interested in this position, please send us your complete application stating the earliest date you could start and indicate your salary expectations.