Senior Java Engineer (m/f)
Beginn: Februar 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Senior Java Engineer (Groovy / Java, Akka) (m/w)
Who are we?
Talentwunder is an award-winning startup in the Direct Sourcing area that helps companies to find the best people worldwide. In order to achieve this, we have developed a specialized search engine, consisting of more than two billion profiles from social networks and similar portals. Talentwunder is used by our customers to search for job candidates and manage the application process.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for skilled senior software engineers for our Groovy-based Web-Scraping system who care about efficiency, high-performant and maintainable software. Our challenges include scaling to support big data sets and servicing our users with up-to-date data in a user-friendly tool. We strive to create a fast yet reliable platform enabling our developers to continuously ship updates.
As a senior developer …
- You have at least two years of experience with one product or in one company
- You have mentored junior developers and helped them move forward.
- You have supported your peers in developing their own technical leadership
- You are not afraid to engage people you disagree with
- You are a passionate, intelligent person who is a techie at heart, making a difference is what drives you
Your job will be to build and maintain a distributed web scraping system using Akka / Akka Cluster and integrate existing scrapers as well as scripts from our data extraction and enrichment pipeline.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an Akka- and Groovy-based service for Web Scraping
- Design systems for easy integration and reuse within our environment
- Design and integration features with our Grails-based Backend
- Design, evaluate and maintain database schemas / data structures for high-performance data access in distributed non-relational databases
- Build robust and evolvable solutions with quality of service and data integrity in mind
- Focus on quality, efficiency and scalability
- Take responsibility for your solutions and continuously improve on them
- Experience with Akka, Akka Cluster or similar frameworks
- Experience with scalable distributed systems
- Experience with agile software development (Scrum/Kanban)
- Proficiency in handling of multi-terabyte datasets with billions of documents
- Experience with cloud-based development using AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Cloud Foundry, Docker or other container/PaaS environments is a plus
- Experience with testing techniques is a plus
- Good communication skills in both German and English is a plus (one is sufficient)
What are we offering?
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours without travelling
- Competitive salary with stock options – connecting you directly to the success of the company
- An education budget to spent on conferences, books, online tutorials, meetups, etc.
- A hardware budget to buy the MacBook/Laptop, Monitor, etc. of your choice
- Free drinks, chocolate & fruits
We’re excited to receive your application! Please send your resume, your earliest possible starting date, your salary expectations and – if available – your profile/portfolio on Github, Stack Overflow, Linkedin, Behance, etc. to Jörg (email@example.com)!