Senior System Engineer - Linux (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Dezember 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Who we are
FlixBus is a European long distance mobility provider and a brand of the FlixMobility group. Since 2013, FlixBuses have offered a new, convenient and green way to travel which suits every budget. Thanks to a smart business model and an innovative technology, the former startup has established Europe's largest intercity bus network in less than four years.
We want to grow our successful German business and therefore we are looking for a Senior System Engineers - Linux (m/f) based in Berlin, Germany.
Our booking engine infrastructure consists of multiple Linux servers. The stack runs on Debian, Nginx, PHP and Percona MySQL. We do provisioning with Puppet and deploy with Jenkins. We have a MySQL ring replication, are using Redis, load balancing, NFS and Elasticsearch. Currently, we are working on scaling and high availability, to serve our booking engine to the fast growing market. We also have internal web based tools, which are used by thousands of people. The administrator team works and sits directly together with the development team, there is no strict separation.
The company is growing very fast, so there will be opportunities to grow. You will start out with a big share of hands-on work and some product management. As the company and the team grows, the share of managerial tasks will also grow.
- Experience in LAMP environments (currently 40 Linux-Debian server)
- Excellent knowledge of Nginx, MySQL, PHP-FPM, and scripting (bash or zsh, Perl, Python, or Ruby)
- Familiar with Galera, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Redis-Cluster, CARP, BGP, ZFS
- Fluent business English
- Knowledge of German is a plus, but not a requirement
- Be part of an incredibly fast growing company with a strong brand and highly motivated and international team
- Work on your self-defined challenges during our HackRday once a month!
- Cutting edge technologies, Agile development practices, and product focused environment dealing with demanding engineering and scaling challenges
- Training and Conference opportunities
- Office location in the heart of Berlin
- Flexible working hours
- 12 100% free bus rides per year, 5 50% vouchers for family/friends per year
- Language course support
- Relocation support
- Competitive salary
So if you are passionate about the new stack and you want keep up with promising emerging technologies, Flixbus is the place to be. Apply now!