Senior Visual Interaction Designer (m/f)
Beginn: Mai 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Our aim is simple – we want to build the strongest design team in Berlin.
Babbel is at the center of a language learning revolution. We defined the market for online language learning, and we're about to embark on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn.
If you’ve got a passion for designing truly outstanding products, along with the portfolio to back it up, we want to hear from you. You'll be an integral part of an interdisciplinary, international team with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects from learning through games to shaping habit change.
In return, we offer fantastic opportunities to learn and evolve within a dynamic and fast-growing startup. And, of course, you’ll be working on a product that improves the lives of millions of people.
This is a full time role, based in the heart of Berlin’s buzzing Kreuzberg district.
What you will do
- Execute across all phases of design work: research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, usability testing and implementation
- Manage multiple work streams in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Contribute to the creation of outstanding brand visual and engaging interactions with a unique appearance
- Inspire, push creativity, challenge established thinking, and identify industry best practices for user experience
- Continuously improve design processes, knowledge and tools to measurably enhance productivity and product quality
- Proactively drive cooperation within design chapter & contribute to fostering collaboration with other departments
- Ensure that the quality of implementation meets design requirements
- At a minimum BA in UX-related field (Human-computer interaction, Human factors, Behavioral research, Graphic Design) or equivalent practical experience
- At least 4 years of interaction/visual design experience in consumer-focused, high performance organizations
- Extensive experience in designing and shipping for native and web products
- Experience working in a scrum team
- Ability to tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for millions of people around the world
- Portfolio demonstrating user-centered design approach, problem solving skills and superior attention to detail
- Operational experience in prioritisation and time-management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Change the way people learn. Your ideas will impact the way millions of users experience a new language.
Design to delight, as well as to serve. The actual needs of our users are at the core of every decision we make at Babbel.
Design in an agile environment. You’ll collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to find innovative solutions to our users’ problems.
- A vibrant international team from over 36 different nationalities.
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks).