Shared Operations Support Engineer (m/f)
Beginn: Oktober 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Wayfair LLC (formerly CSN Stores, Ltd) is the largest online-only retailer of home goods in the US. Established in 2002 in Boston, Massachusetts, Wayfair has been featured in countless media hits from America’s No. 1 Morning Show, The Today Show, to Men’s Health Magazine in the UK. We offer a variety of career opportunities and an environment where employees are encouraged to learn and grow. Join our team in Berlin, which is focused on our expansion to the UK and Europe.
Position: Shared Operations Support Engineer
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required
Experience: 3+ years
Shared Operations is an Engineering team comprised of our Frontline team, responsible for the real time support of Wayfair users, and our Production Support Engineering team, responsible for the health and performance of all our systems, services and storefronts.
This role will be asked to take on the support responsibilities of Frontline with additional supportive responsibilities of the Production Support team.
We are looking to bring on board a talented individual who wants broad exposure to the technologies that support our infrastructure and our large-scale Internet e-commerce platform.
This person will be the first Shared Operations representation in any of our European offices!
- Overseeing and responding to critical system monitoring by coordinating with appropriate Infrastructure Engineering teams for server hardware/storage problems and software application errors.
- Providing first and second-level support to employees for all technology related issues through tickets, phone calls, emails, and walk-ups
- Troubleshooting technologies such as: Windows XP/7, Microsoft Office including Outlook, File/Print Services, Cisco VoIP telephony and networking, and our own proprietary software
- Helping to seek out and implement ways to streamline process and system efficiency
- BA or BS degree from a 3-year university
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail and desire for organization
- Experience in a college lab, helpdesk or other service-oriented IT role a large plus
- Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies
- Working knowledge of Active Directory account management, Exchange 2007, and Group Policy Objects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize appropriately
- Experience with PHP and SQL a large plus
Other traits we look for
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- An easy-going attitude and strong sense of humour
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
Why Work for Wayfair? Wayfair is a fast-growing company in an open office environment where financial and marketing information is readily shared and everyone's opinion counts. We offer challenging work in a fun atmosphere. We value a healthy work/life balance, and believe strongly that great people are the key to a company’s success.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Pls apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair.com offers a zillion things home – the largest selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 12,000 brands, Wayfair.com helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. Other e-commerce sites within the Wayfair.com brand portfolio include AllModern.com, the leading destination for original modern design, Joss & Main, the fastest growing private sale site for the home, and DwellStudio, a lifestyle retailer known for groundbreaking design and impeccable quality in modern home furnishings.
With $915 million in revenue, Wayfair is Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and employs more than 1,500 people in its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company was named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine.
Wayfair is privately held and has raised over $200 million from leading investors including Spark Capital, Battery Ventures, Great Hill Partners and HarbourVest Partners. The company was recently named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and was selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company To Work For and Top Company For Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.