Shop Sales Manager (m/f)
auctionata Beteiligungs AG
Beginn: Januar 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Career at Auctionata
Auctionata is the first online auction house for art and antiques which provides all the services of a classic auction house. Anyone can join our weekly live online auctions, no matter where they are in the world. In 2013, this innovation led us to attain one of the top-3 highest hammer prices for a work of art in Germany.
You can purchase works of art, antiques and collector’s items around the clock from our online shop, which contains more than 10.000 items that have been authenticated by our team of over 250 renowned experts.
It is our aim to make the fascinating world of auctions accessible to everyone through the internet. We give our very best every day to make this vision a reality. With over 300 international employees, we are represented in major art centers, including Berlin (head office), New York, London, Zurich and Rome.
Become a part of our unique success story! Auctionata offers exceptional career opportunities for talented individuals in a range of different fields. Our departments, ranging from Acquisition, Expertise & Auctioning, Sales & Customer Service through to Marketing and Product Development look forward to hearing from you.
To enhance our dynamic team, we are now looking for a
Shop Sales Manager
- Manage all Shop sales related responsibilities including
- Negotiating incoming offers
- Responding client inquiries and examination of works
- Oversee all after-auction sales
- Conduct pre-sale viewings with clientele
- Maintain key relationships (dealers / clients / institutions and other)
- Liaise between prospective clients and various internal sales support departments (Accounting, Business Intelligence, Customer Service, Logistics)
- Effectively manage the team and all tasks responsibly
- Analyze, conceive and distribute weekly sales reports to C-Level
- Formulate and persuade ideas to improve sales volume and value based on report results and past experience
- A minimum of B.A. degree in Art history or related fields, Cultural Management or Business
- A minimum of 2 year paid work experience in Sales, preferably within the art market.
- Full knowledge of auction processes is a plus
- Proven ability to organize and delegate large quantities of requests
- Positive working rapport with colleagues
- Polite phone manner, and commitment to an excellent client service
- Highly organized, superior writing skills and strong attention to detail
- Must be fluent in English, German, and further language skills preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel required
- Must be available to work evening hours sporadically
- Discretion regarding client information
What we offer
- Varied and exciting insights behind the scenes of a rapidly growing start-up
- A professional and dedicated working environment, which is prepared to pass on its experience
- A large amount of responsibility from the outset and a steep learning curve
- A workplace in central Berlin within a young and friendly team
We look forward to receiving your application digitally (including a letter of application, cv, along with any relevant certificates, ideally as a PDF file) as well as salary expectations and availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you send us your documents by post, please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope for the return of your application documents. In suitable cases we will check your application fit for other internal positions. If you don’t agree with this, please give us a short notice in your application.