Sidekick to the CTO / Technical Consultant (m/f)
Beginn: August 2012
Our CTO and Co-Founder is looking for a sidekick. Being the CTO at Wooga is not about being the “lead engineer”, telling people how to write software. It’s about responsibilities regarding recruiting, organising and developing our games teams. There are a lot of projects in these areas that are really important, but we need a future colleague and this is where you come into play.
Examples what you might be working on:
- Wooga has a unique IT organisation: There is no team lead in our engineering teams. That leads to a situation where feedback-talks are difficult, because usually your manager is not in the same team with you. You will help me to develop a state of the art peer-based 360 degree feedback concept, and work with me to implement it.
- I am invited to conferences frequently to talk about what we do. You will work with me on a rock-star presentation that will make anyone who hears me talk want to apply for a job immediately.
- Every ambitious team wants to know how they are doing, want to have some useful metric to see how they perform. You will help me work on an intelligent, modern way to introduce IT controlling.
- There will be some smaller task as well. Even at Wooga you will get the chance to show off your excel magic skills in a spreadsheet from time to time.
And what about you?
- You have to be smart. “Getting things done” mentality, high motivation, assertiveness, diplomatic attitude, quick learner. All that stuff. No compromises here.
- You are among top 30% of Master or Bachelor Degree students, preferably with focus on Computer Science, Business Informatics or similar.
- Technical background is necessary. If you think ruby is a diamond this is not the right job for you. You have to have a basic understanding how software and the internet work.
- You briefly considered applying at McKinsey. You are confident you have a shot with them, but after thinking it through you came to the conclusion that you don’t want to fly around as an excel servant for the next two years, you want to be an entrepreneur, and you want to get into the berlin startup scene. You don’t feel ready to start your own start-up yet, but you want to get a job where you can gather the necessary experience.
What are your benefits?
- A fast paced job. New challenges all the time.
- Helping to shape one of Europe’s fastest growing start-up.
- An interesting title. You can choose between “IT development manager”. Or “Sidekick to the CTO”. Or you can suggest your own idea.